New Insignia VXR, it looks rather good

CarMad

:roflmao:

I've never heard anyone say Vauxhalls are exciting!!! Next you'll be saying Daewoos are sexy :roflmao:

The bloke on VXRonline that has just got 310bhp out of his Corsa vxr may not agree with you. Quicker than a mkv GTI (i know one of the few cars that are) to begin with, these little hot hatches are tuneable little devils.

The bloke on VXRonline that has just got 310bhp out of his Corsa vxr may not agree with you. Quicker than a mkv GTI (i know one of the few cars that are) to begin with, these little hot hatches are tuneable little devils.

But here's the problem ... for every genuinely well-modded Corsa, there are 47'962 barryied-up 1 point nothing sh1theaps driven by chavs... Still, with 310 bhp, he'd surprise a few people at the lights !

Once going!

I bet it could eat a set of front tyres PDQ if he's not careful.

I bet it could easily lunch an engine as well, unless it's serviced every other week or never sees light of day. At nigh on 200bhp/litre it simply has to be pushing the limits on the life and useability front.

Edited by D1MAC

It would probably be a laugh to have a spin in I expect, but a nightmare to live with every day on the roads, Vauxhalls are well know for not being able to put the power down when they haven't been modded, let alone with over 300bhp.

I expect that once moving in a straight line, it's pretty quick, but away from the lights or anywhere with corners, it'd probably get done by that Renault 19 1.4 Energy from the other thread.

Ultimately, you really cant polish a turd, you can try, but it'll just be a highly polished turd.

At nigh on 200bhp/litre it simply has to be pushing the limits on the life and useability front.

It all depends what's been done to the bottom end of the engine.

You can reliably get 350bhp out of the VW/Audi 1.8T, but not with the standard bottom end. You need to replace the conrods, pistons, crank and shells just to cope with the additional torque and that little lot (without labour) isn't cheap.

It was all done with Regal down here in the south. TDK that picture was from their recent trip to Germany at EDS. They whent to the nurburgring. It was a shame because the morning they were due to have their runs, a pug took out the barrier on one of the fast corners so there was a 30mph speed limit on that fast corner all day. Tony gillham the porsche cup driver still did a 8.34.

Not mant Chavs get that kind of treatment.;)

It was all done with Regal down here in the south. TDK that picture was from their recent trip to Germany at EDS. They whent to the nurburgring. It was a shame because the morning they were due to have their runs, a pug took out the barrier on one of the fast corners so there was a 30mph speed limit on that fast corner all day. Tony gillham the porsche cup driver still did a 8.34.

Not mant Chavs get that kind of treatment.;)

Yeah, I googled 310 bhp Corsa and found the story, a very interesting read actually and a pleasant change from the "its got a k and n innit mate, good for 180mph" you often get from the Corsa crowd....

Be interested to know how it drives, 310 bhp from FWD ?! Schmokin !

Cheers Billy

+++

330bhp from a FWD Mk5 GTI is quite manageable, because of the ESP, which is a shed load better than the MK4, which is like an on off switch when it kicks in, then out, then in, then out like the feckin hokey cokey.

Forget pulling away from the lights - it'd be OK round the twisties with an LSD and some well sorted suspension.

But if you want proper tyre chewing power, try all of that without ESP, traction or ABS.... :eek: