Volkswagen Golf /R

Riz

Have to say that I'm with you on that one.

Those alloys make it look like a Seat.

Bet it's performance blows your MK IV away though, Riz! :P

Yup but its not going to sound as good or feel special in my eyes.

Everything is soooo well normal on that model. Just /R logo`s stuck on... bet the sillys and steering wheels etc will be used in other models too to cut costs etc.

The original has unique bits.... :grin: anyway dont get me started... im a crazy MK4 .:R32 nut!!!

I think its going to sell and will be pretty ok for what people want or need these days.

Riz +++

I quite like it but for £28K + low allocation + little if any discount, the Audi S3 with its large discount and high spec makes the R look very expensive to me.

Also hope they have sorted the handling feel and steering feel of the modern haldex seems to give resent 4wd VW/Audis

I'd have one in a flash (if I was in the market for a hot hatch), but the alloys are naff. I'm fine with the price, I think it's worth it; a lot of car for the money, IMO. Could have been a wee bit more hardcore, though but the Golf has always been the understated hot hatch. Modified, this is going to be the beast :) Revo, Milltek, what's in store? :grin:

the Golf has always been the understated hot hatch.

I disagree, as most hot hatches are fairly understated anyway by the simple fact they are hatches turned sporty, the MK1 & 2 Golfs weren't understated, the Mk3 & 4 were simply rubbish (with the exception of the R32) and didn't deserve to be anything other than understated because they were simply not 'hot' in any way, the MK5 for me was a return to form and not particularly understated compared to the standard models.

Mk6 to me seems like a bad move and another mk4 nothing special Golf, hence trying to placate fans with the R model, which seems like another miss to me styling wise at least.

What I meant was, that the best Golf GTi's to me, aren't understated, and would be the MK1,2 & 5 whereas the ones that are understated are the rubbish GTi's that don't deserve the badge, i.e. the MK3 & 4.

While I don't doubt the Mk6 R's ability, it doesn't look at all special, and a Golf GTi to me, should do.

I know what you're saying Tipex but all the GTI's have looked understated to me. From an exterior cosmetic point of view they have benefitted from little more than a different grill and winder Carlos Fandango's.

Admittedly the MK3&4 were more so understated that the others.

No bonnet vents / scoops, grills and big wings like some other hatches.

I think that has been one of their USP's

Stop posting pics of your R32, Riz - makes me want my old one back :(
Dude...... get another..... :grin: I wont post anymore....... :D

Seriously though....... when youve got the windows down, sunroof open and a sunny day...... there is nothing better listening to that V6 burble.... and if your going down hill off-throttle you can hear the exhaust flap... flapping... oooo lovely....

Riz :grin: