Recommend me a car

InterestingUsername

Ok...a bit of a long shot but see if you can help.

I run a 2007 F150 Harley Davidson truck with the 5.4 litre supercharged engine as my daily company vehicle. This puts out 480bhp. Had it for 2 years. real grin and shows up a lot of fast stuff and does 1/4 mile in just under 14 secs....

Previous to this I had a 2005 Saleen Mustang which I kept for two years and had a blast doing plenty of tunnel runs (Candy Run). Awesome power and a recorded 485rwhp.....1/4 mile in 12.99 secs. Due to using it everyday and having it as a company car, got rid due to tax issues.

Have looked at going to a 'normal' motor as mentioned in another thread. Such as a BMW 5, C class or XF diesel.....but not sure I'd enjoy them as much. Cant really tell on just the usual 15 min test drive with sales bod next to me....

So I guess I am looking for something that puts a grin on my face, something different, need to be able to carry wife and three kids occasionally. Would love a convertible but no new ones have 3 x 3 rear seat belts....

Would be good to have it as a company vehicle due to lack of personal cash.

See if you come up with anything different from what I have thought of..

Any ideas?

Kev

Edited by InterestingUsername

Cheers for the comments..I was wondering if all I get was pisstake replies...LOL

Well, budget for a new car would be max £40k.......

I have looked at the 535d 5 series but with the new model out in 2010, worried about the higher than normal depreciation......

I am thinking about buying a car privately on contract or lease and then taking the monthly repayment costs and then using that figure as my monthly car allowance? Not sure about the tax implications though.

Dont want to have to splash personal cash if I dont have to as I have a fair bit of work to do on the house over the next year before moving (bathrooms, kitchen etc).

I have been tempted by a Porsche Carrera 4S (Turbo bodied) on an 02 plate for £28000 but not sure I am a Porsche owner though......?????

I have a good friend who just bought a VXR8 and had a dealer put 162 miles on the car whilst in for warranty work.........so a bit of a bad vibe over that..LOL

Whatever I seem to have I have to modify it...I know its a weakness but I cant have a stock motor or bike....

The Mustang was a Saleen version which I modded to the point where the next step was a built motor. The truck is at the same point now that if I went further, my need for speed would cost me a new built block.....

4.jpg

I have a project Mk1 Zephyr Zodiac which is part way through a 302ci engine build, with 8 inch rear axle, air suspension and major body mods. Been a project on and off for 10 years and will hopefuly get it finished next year (needs final paint and interior) so will get kicks on high days and holidays with this when done).....

259.jpg

As you can tell, I guess I have a difficult choice which is why I thought about asking here incase anyone had a hidden gem....LOL

The truck is a great stealth vehicle though (albeit a feckin large one LOL)

Harleyafterblownengine030.jpg

Keep the ideas coming guys....LOL...

Jon,

Yeah it does sound great. I have a Magnaflow 3 inch system fitted with hi flo cats and it is possibly slightly too loud (not that I am complaining)...

Looking at a few others for sale and it loks like around the £24k mark would be where I price it. As its the Saleen supercharged version and in pretty rare Amethyst Purple colour, should do ok at that price.

Kev

Jon,

Yeah it does sound great. I have a Magnaflow 3 inch system fitted with hi flo cats and it is possibly slightly too loud (not that I am complaining)...

Looking at a few others for sale and it loks like around the £24k mark would be where I price it. As its the Saleen supercharged version and in pretty rare Amethyst Purple colour, should do ok at that price.

Kev

[drooling]

Any pics? +++

[/drooling]

Yes mate...you can get them converted but to be honest, they cost a fortune to convert then take a HUGE hit in depreciation come sale time.

Also, the quality issue is a biggy.....havent seen any good conversions and havent heard of any either which is not a good sign. There was a big thread on Pi~*onheads and the Mustang Owners club about it.

I have driven LHD motors now for 7 years and havent had any issues. Even going in and out of the wife's Disco 3 is not a problem. Only niggle is parking as the pay machine at the barriers are on the opposite side of the truck..some carry those litter pickers to grab the ticket but I just either find somewhere else or climb across the passenger seat..LOL

These little niggles are massively outweighed by the grin factor of owning/driving one. Even the smaller Lightnings are awesome trucks and can be tuned to be a seriously quick motor. One mate has a Lightning that runs high 11 second 1/4 mile times and is still a regular street driven truck....

Try and get your neighbour to give ya a ride in his....you'll love it...