B7 RS4 disc's and pads

poobarr

Hi all

Would like to avoid the outrageous dealer costs on these does anyone have any suggestions for reasonable non-genuine parts that will do the job (no track use) please? I have heard that pagid are good?

My local Audi wants in excess of £2000 for disc's and pads :0

Thanks in advance.

Dave

PW Motorsport via eBay is a good source for disks, pads you can go OEM or look for Pagid for similar to OEM performance or EBC yellow are popular upgrade pad as suggested rs246 best place to start for these.

Pads - Gen PAGID front brake pads Audi RS4 V8 NEW | eBay

Discs - Genuine Audi RS4 V8 Front Discs NEW | eBay

Fitting is very easy (basic DIY) so maybe 800 all in (if pay an independent to fit them) for the lot there fronts, probably budget the same for the rears

• 3 weeks later...

Unless you buy used discs, you won't get a new set of fronts for less than £500 and the same for the rears so just over £1k total. Pagid's are OEM pads but EBC yellowstuff do work well and are £220 for fronts and rears with pad wear sensors in the front, unlike Ferrodo DS2500's which are the other forum recommended pad for the RS4

• 6 months later...

I have had the same issue, quote for front discs and pads from Audi dealer was 1750 pounds, I sourced discs (I am sure you can get non Audi replacement in the UK, also JHM in USA does a replacement but ~15mm larger diameter requiring a caliper spacer bar, same for one I bought in Australia) locally and pads from the States (ceramic Posi Quiet), all up cost for parts of 775 pounds. It took me 3 1/4 hours, 2 1/4 hours first wheel but only 1 1/4 for second. A fair bit of time removing old hat from disc and placing on new disc , ten bolts to remove and replace. I have done pads away back in the past and first time doing discs. My mechanical expertise is limited. So if not keen just source parts and use non-dealer mechanic to install. For rear pads you will need a piston caliper resetting tool. The Pagid pads have metallic lugs half way into the pad! Clearly the Audi OEM bite well but also wear reasonably quickly, my second set of discs on front, done 105,000Km. Last time I used a non-dealer mechanic who used OEM but still expensive.

Gazzab