Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shark_90

Scumball cars - what would you buy now?

169 posts in this topic

That's a stunning looking circuit, wonder how much one of those costs to put together, love the rise and fall at the far end of the circuit up and around that copse.

But it already meets all of those criteria, so why bother changing it?

What, so it's slower than itself, less reliable than itself, and sh1tter than itself?

My modifications obviously haven't worked! :sad:

I'm trying to do some real work today, for ****'s sake, but keep coming back to this. Just found a vid of the place...

kcd_Rn3FHa8

I'm trying to do some real work today, for ****'s sake, but keep coming back to this. Just found a vid of the place...

kcd_Rn3FHa8

1:32 - Me likey.

kcd_Rn3FHa8

Ahh the glorious Alfa GTV6, one of my all time favourite cars ever, that looks like a South Africa spec one, but I bet it isn't, still, perfect balance, light weight, best V6 engine ever made, and a ridiculously awkward fit for anyone over 5ft tall!

Regarding car age and the 18-30 thing, I recall Omi and I agreed that cars in production or designed 18-30 years ago should be eligible

On that basis, my 61-plate Caterham is eligible - it was in production over 50 years ago :roflmao:

Chateau looks like a fantastic place!

So an RS3 would be eligible if you could find one... :P

Based on the 18-30 rule, I reckon you could find posts on here from 1993 about someone placing an order for one ;)

kcd_Rn3FHa8

What a delightful sound!

Fantastic, innit ? :)

Saw my bro-in-law at the weekend, he of Scumball fame, he's now scouring EBay for a suitable car. I've suggested Alfa 166, he fancies a MK2 Golf Gti, let's see what EBay turns up :D

That'll be fine. Just take a spare 10 litres of oil with you. Oval bores anyone... :eek:;)

If it's anything like Geoffs was, he'll need a water tanker following him about too!

Oh, and it's a Hemi Mook, oval bores indeed.

No, you muppet - all VR6s wear their bores oval, which is why they all burn oil. Not that you would understand anyway :P

Yes Mook I got that, hence you can legitimately describe a knackered oil burning example as being a Hemi, because the bores are oval!

I've never, ever heard that expression before!

AFAIK, Hemi engines are so-called because of the head design (i.e. the top of the combustion chamber is hemispherical, like the top of a ball).

Just make it up. You can change it with a screwdriver...

Oh, erm, allegedly, of course :grin:

Just woken up :D

I would be up for a Scumball if you were ever to organise another. I'm about to buy my first house but want to do something mad before I tie myself into a mortgage for the next 25 years! :D