What are the best car chase sequences in movies?

Mook

Yes, I'm sure this has been done before, but following on from the Ronin discussion in the LoJ, what's some of the best car sequences in movies?

Ronin is a given, and here's a link to a load on YT ronin car chase - YouTube

Every Bourne movie for me bourne identity car chase - YouTube - bourne supremacy car chase - YouTube bourne ultimatum car chase - YouTube.

What's yours?

Another vote for the Luc Besson origional Taxi. But not so much a car chase. The opening sequence on the scooter, and the run to the airport that first introduces the 406 and its mods.

Being a Bond fan.

The DB5 chase sequence from Goldfinger.

The Mustang sequence from On Her Majesties Secret Service.

The Mustang Mach 1 in Diamonds Are Forever round Las Vegas.

The Esprit From the Spy Who Loved Me.

The 2CV in For Your Eyes Only.

This is from a 1970s French film called Le Casse (The Burglars). Oh sure, Bullitt had Steve McQueen in a Mustang and Goldfinger had Sean Connery in a DB5, but you ain’t ever seen a film so brazen to put Omar Sharif behind the wheel of...an Opel Rekord. Well, he is the villain. Surely our hero, Jean-Paul Belmondo, will get to drive something a bit smarter? No, he drives a Fiat 124 Special!

No GCI just a bunch of cop cars trying to catch an irresponsible chav in saxo:

My favourite Bond chase, is the scene where he drifts an old Afla GTV6 off a motorway, down a slip road and under the bridge.

No idea which Bond film it was though.

What's that French film where nobody knows what car it was, and it was rumoured to have been done for real on the Paris streets in the early morning?

WTF was going on there in that last vid Andy. Thats just crazy. At first i thought it was foreign due tot he grunting laughter of the camera guy but nope... local chavs!
This is the terrifying moment a reckless boy-racer tries to escape police by speeding down a busy dual carriageway at 60mph - in REVERSE. Shocking footage shows the teenage driver of a silver Citroen Saxo crossing the central reservation a heart-stopping THREE times as he tries to outrun a police car. In one moment of madness the driver misses oncoming traffic by inches as he hurtles the wrong way down a dual carriageway. The lad then tries to outwit the police by screeching to a halt before reversing at 60mph in the opposite direction towards a roundabout.

What's that French film where nobody knows what car it was, and it was rumoured to have been done for real on the Paris streets in the early morning?

C’était un rendez-vous

How's the Getaway in Stockholm films, they were metal.

Edited by Andy_Bangle

This is genius. Proper driving. If the car goes offline and doesn't make a corner or smashes into a kerb, just keep going. Fantastic +++

This is from a 1970s French film called Le Casse (The Burglars). Oh sure, Bullitt had Steve McQueen in a Mustang and Goldfinger had Sean Connery in a DB5, but you ain’t ever seen a film so brazen to put Omar Sharif behind the wheel of...an Opel Rekord. Well, he is the villain. Surely our hero, Jean-Paul Belmondo, will get to drive something a bit smarter? No, he drives a Fiat 124 Special!

I quite like the opening sequence from Quantum of Solace.....Astons and Alfas.

Oh yes - partly for the quality of the driving, and partly for the ending when he opens the boot and the guy he was sent to "collect" has been in the boot, bound & gagged, all the way.