Football results today

Luke

• 2 weeks later...

My FB friends know that I was having fits at any prospect of United paying even £100m for him, never mind £200m+.

He probably knows he'll shine in the French league whereas he was always playing third fiddle to Messi and Ronaldo in Spain.  

I think he'd have been cripped in the Premier League.

I don't like saying this, but I admit I might raise a smirk if he gets crocked in his first match...

1 hour ago, garcon magnifique said:

Arsenal fans went through the usual full season cycle of we're gonna win the league to Wenger out and back and forth again. Twice. And that was just the second half. 

Fickle ****s. 

Bloody AFC!!  

How to wind the fans up in every game.  Even the victories. :roflmao:

• 3 weeks later...

Gary Neville's commentary in the Man City v Liverpool game is borderline disgraceful.  As I type Ederson, Cities gk is sparked out after being murdered by Mane. G Nev prattling on about 'that's never a red card' is a joke. From 30 seconds into the match his anti City comments were premature at best , biased at worst. 

I personally felt up until now he did a pretty good job of coming across impartial but two things have changed. For the first time in ages Utd look competitive and his personal Twitter spats are lingering when he's at work.

I tend to like Gary as a pundit but he definitely has hidden agendas. Last season he and his brother targeted Liverpool and their defence / gk. Yes criticism is warranted at times but Neville gets in before any mistakes are made. 'Fred blogs maybe playing well today but they are not good enough at this level, I feel a mistake coming any second'. 'Ok he has had a good few games but that won't last' etc etc. He bangs on and on and on trying to disrupt his targe. He is paid to have an opinion on Monday Night football etc but when commentating, his job is to call what's in front of him on that day during that match. He is coming across as unprofessional to me at the moment. He had a twitter spat this week saying a City youngster is at the wrong Manchester club and unfortunately he has carried over his feelings into his day job by being ultra critical of everything City have done since the first whistle blew. 

Half time and Neville has gone all somber like someone has died speaking very slowly with a sad voice. WTF?

Anyway 2-0 so suck that up G Nev. 

Edited by billy2shots

1 hour ago, Cuprabob said:

5 nil, didn't see that coming:grin:

Maybe not their year afterall:roflmao:

Thats because G Nev said the ref spoilt the game with the Red card  lol. 

This flying kick to the face was described just after half time (15 minutes to look at it) by G Nev as 'never a red, a yellow at best'. Total tool  

IMG_1593.JPG

Edited by billy2shots

His comment about the red card was wrong.  It was a red all day long.

I have to confess though, I didn't hear a single other comment that I thought anyone would take offence at.

I don't think he has hidden agendas either.  He loathes Liverpool yet he has said plenty of positive things about them (especially after they mullered Arsenal).  He doesn't have much time for City either but he has been incredibly complimentary about them in recent years.

If you think he has a problem, wait to see if the gutter tripe of the football world get promoted next year.  Then you'll see what he can really be like.  

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

It was a red, but I can understand those who doubted it from the live footage. I'd like to think Nev will see the replays and admit that, by the rules of the game as they stand, it was a red all day long. Harking back to a time when it might not have been a red is irrelevant. 

Anyway - he's more anti Liverpool than City surely?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, garcon magnifique said:

It was a red, but I can understand those who doubted it from the live footage. I'd like to think Nev will see the replays and admit that, by the rules of the game as they stand, it was a red all day long. Harking back to a time when it might not have been a red is irrelevant. 

Anyway - he's more anti Liverpool than City surely?

That's why I made the earlier comment about him still being adamant even after half time even though he had 15 minutes to see it from all the angles. I expected his first comments of the second half to be 

'Having seen the incident a few times I have changed my mind'

Instead his first comment was 'no way a red, a yellow at best'. 

Rely Gary? A yellow at best? So you think Mane may not of even deserved a yellow???

If that was on De Gea I guarantee his opinion would be different. No professional pundit should be denying that was a certain ref given the rules today. Remember the word 'Intent' was removed from the laws a while back. Where someone is looking is neither here or there either. Armed with those facts it's a straightforward decision and G Nev knows that full well, he's just being intentionally awkward in my opinion to derail a title threat now Utd look competitive. 

I'm obviously not basing all this on one ref card decision. He has been stirring the pot via twitter all season about things that have nothing to do with him.