[Audi A3/S3] Audi A3 1998 1.6..... Isofix???

Emma23

Hi all

Could do with some help if possible please?? I've trawled forums but can't find an answer... I know it's 16 years old but any chance a 3 door Audi A3 1998 1.6 has isofix?? I know it doesn't have them to clip straight in to the seat but I'm just needing to move car seat group up to group 1 in next 2 months and struggling, especially as the ones I want are isofix only!!! Can any one give me any advice please?

Thanks

Emma

Emma, ISOFIX was an option on the very early 8L models but standard from 99. If your car has isofix then the wire loops will be located in the gap between the rear seat base and back on the outermost seats. IIRC they don't have the plastic covers of the latter models.

Latchphoto32.jpg

Edit: on earlier cars if you take the rear seat out the brackets look like this:

foto240412094158.jpg

foto240412094207.jpg

Edited by Andy_Bangle

Thank you so much Andy, that's very helpful indeed. I'm assuming if my car does have those brackets shown in he picture, then I'll be able to buy a fitting that can come through the seats to fit the base to? Or am I totally not understanding it?! Thanks again.

Hi, my car is 3 door and if the group 1 seat is permanently fitted to car, I'd like one that swivels towards the door (to get my daughter in and out of it with minimum fuss) and is also rearward and frontward facing for when she's older. I was in kiddicare earlier but the only ones that do that are isofix.

Until I get a new car, this was the option I wanted to explore.