Emma23

Audi A3 1998 1.6..... Isofix???

10 posts in this topic

Hi all

Could do with some help if possible please?? I've trawled forums but can't find an answer... I know it's 16 years old but any chance a 3 door Audi A3 1998 1.6 has isofix?? I know it doesn't have them to clip straight in to the seat but I'm just needing to move car seat group up to group 1 in next 2 months and struggling, especially as the ones I want are isofix only!!! Can any one give me any advice please?

Thanks

Emma

Emma, ISOFIX was an option on the very early 8L models but standard from 99. If your car has isofix then the wire loops will be located in the gap between the rear seat base and back on the outermost seats. IIRC they don't have the plastic covers of the latter models.

Latchphoto32.jpg

Edit: on earlier cars if you take the rear seat out the brackets look like this:

foto240412094158.jpg

foto240412094207.jpg

Edited by Andy_Bangle

Thank you so much Andy, that's very helpful indeed. I'm assuming if my car does have those brackets shown in he picture, then I'll be able to buy a fitting that can come through the seats to fit the base to? Or am I totally not understanding it?! Thanks again.

The two extendable 'prongs' on the back of the isofix car seat attach to the metal loops. You can buy some plastic guides/seat protectors to make it easier to fit, from ebay? but the often come with the seat.

$T2eC16JHJIUFHHgK+COFBS(mU(HLig~~60_35.J

If you find your car has isofix head down to Halfords or Mothercare and test out some seats as not all will fit ... then purchase it online from Kiddiecare or similar :cool:  

Andy, you're a genius and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!! Now I just need to find someone to have a look under the seat for me!!! Thanks again :-) you've been brilliant!

What makes you say you can only get isofix? Non of ours are, and they range from newborn to aged 9.

What makes you say you can only get isofix? Non of ours are, and they range from newborn to aged 9.

She said the ones she wants are all useful, but that she can only get isofix.

We got a belt and isofix one for out toddler can be used in any car then.

Hi, my car is 3 door and if the group 1 seat is permanently fitted to car, I'd like one that swivels towards the door (to get my daughter in and out of it with minimum fuss) and is also rearward and frontward facing for when she's older. I was in kiddicare earlier but the only ones that do that are isofix.

Until I get a new car, this was the option I wanted to explore.