Oil Change A3 2.0 TDI

lewj1

Well, I guess that the procedure goes something like:

1) Drain old oil

1a) Optionally, fill with flushing oil, run engine for a few minutes and drain oil.

2)Replace old filter with new

3)Fill with new oil

Now, which bit do you need more help with?

like the location of the oil filter, and how to remove it, would be good, and what torque the canister or cartridge holder is tightened too? any special tools required? and any other relevant info, such as is included with the service schedule from Audi???

[ QUOTE ]

To avoid the car going into the Audi deler and receivig a bill for £90.00 +.

[/ QUOTE ]

... but at the cost of losing your warranty?

[ QUOTE ]

And of course the complete piece of mind that the correct Oil as been in fact used..

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assured that the mechanic does check, by engine serial no., what oil to use! However, it is not unknown for the customer to supply the oil themselves when their car goes in for service.

sven, in uk, audi are the only place where you can buy the specific oil. i have asked where i can buy the oil other than audi, and audi have the rights to their own specific formulae for the oil in with my 2.0TDi A3 uses...

unfortunately...

so when u buy the oil, you might as well let them change it for u... SMOKE6.GIF

• 1 month later...

[ QUOTE ]

sven, in uk, audi are the only place where you can buy the specific oil. i have asked where i can buy the oil other than audi, and audi have the rights to their own specific formulae for the oil in with my 2.0TDi A3 uses...

unfortunately...

so when u buy the oil, you might as well let them change it for u... SMOKE6.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to Halford's last week an bought the exact long life oil that came with the car, so whoever told you that you can't buy it is talking rubbish mate.

• 3 weeks later...