Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MOSE

De Tomaso Pantera

17 posts in this topic

Took a walk with the missus down to the local offy....took her so she could carry the bags back.

Anyways....walking down there, she pokes me and asks me what this car is pulled up at the side of the raod about 200yds ahead.

Now I reckon it was a Pantera GT5, certainly looked like one, although its the first time I have actually seen one on the road. Then it took off and MY GOD, I WANT ONE!!! It was either black or a very dark metallic blue colour, hard to tell in the dark.

I am wondering if this is the same car that has recently been for sale and whether or not this is the same car that will be featuring at the Elvetham Heath Car Show in July. If anyone knows who owns this (given there are only about 30or so ever made), please PM me and let me know. I WANT IT!! Stuff the Viper.

They're a fabulous looking car aren't they? cool.gif

Ari, this thing really blew me away tonight, and if it was a Pantera....I want one. Even the missus said it was nice, and she cant stand a modded ford with a drainpipe. This thing howled......it was glorious.

One of the best looking(IMO)and rarest supercars out there.Always overshadowed by Ferrari and not to everyones taste 'cos of the yank V8,but certainly a weapon and one of the baddest looking motors on the planet. 169144-ok.gif

Having been passenger in an original LHD Pantera at quite reasonable speed I have to also agree that I really, really want one laugh.gif169144-ok.gif

I remember in the 80's when I was a novice(i.e passed my test like a couple of months before)driver and I used to go past the American car centre in Edmonton.I remember seeing a 70's Pantera in there for cheap cheap money.When I saw the prices quadruple a few years later I wished I'd bitten the bullet and got a loan.Missed opportunities eh!

I like it too and if I ca track it down would love to make an offer on it. The schedule of features for the Elvetham Heath Car Show says that there will be a Pantera there am hoping it is the same one, its only up the road from me.

Am due to bid on a 93 Dodge Viper on 7th June and am at a loss whether to go for it or not.....where suddenly all my dreams come true and the owner of the Pantera wants to let go of it! Hmmmmm......I wish!!!

For anyone wondering what we're on about.

Pantera%20Blue1b.jpg

Panterra-01.JPG

105168.jpg

pantera.jpg

1-21_de%20tomaso%20pantera%20front%20left.jpg

1984_Pantera_594_Lg_MVC341S.JPG

pantera-11.jpg

De.Tomaso.Pantera.1.jpg

pantera-GTS1.jpg

de_tomaso_pantera_71_5.JPG

showblue.jpg

Err... feckin great V8 Ford engine, goes like sh1t off a shovel! cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Err... feckin great V8 Ford engine, goes like sh1t off a shovel! cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that metric or imperial? coffee.gif

It migt end in divorce, but I GOT TO HAVE IT!!!

I'm sure that's the one I gave a link to a few months back...I recognise the plate.

Still for sale eh? Obviously waiting for me to come into millions.....so it'll be up for a while yet!

PPHHOOOOAAARR!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

deto1.jpg

deto4.jpg

266deto_int.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]