De Tomaso Pantera

MOSE

Took a walk with the missus down to the local offy....took her so she could carry the bags back.

Anyways....walking down there, she pokes me and asks me what this car is pulled up at the side of the raod about 200yds ahead.

Now I reckon it was a Pantera GT5, certainly looked like one, although its the first time I have actually seen one on the road. Then it took off and MY GOD, I WANT ONE!!! It was either black or a very dark metallic blue colour, hard to tell in the dark.

I am wondering if this is the same car that has recently been for sale and whether or not this is the same car that will be featuring at the Elvetham Heath Car Show in July. If anyone knows who owns this (given there are only about 30or so ever made), please PM me and let me know. I WANT IT!! Stuff the Viper.

I remember in the 80's when I was a novice(i.e passed my test like a couple of months before)driver and I used to go past the American car centre in Edmonton.I remember seeing a 70's Pantera in there for cheap cheap money.When I saw the prices quadruple a few years later I wished I'd bitten the bullet and got a loan.Missed opportunities eh!

I like it too and if I ca track it down would love to make an offer on it. The schedule of features for the Elvetham Heath Car Show says that there will be a Pantera there am hoping it is the same one, its only up the road from me.

Am due to bid on a 93 Dodge Viper on 7th June and am at a loss whether to go for it or not.....where suddenly all my dreams come true and the owner of the Pantera wants to let go of it! Hmmmmm......I wish!!!

• 4 weeks later...