R32 Test Drive

GTiMK5

Sorry won't make the right note.

Infact i have never heard a 4 pot turbo i lustered over the sound of except a subaru boxer but still prefered the 5 pot.

Fiats 5 pot has a similar sound but not quiet the same and the N/A sounds better than there turbo one..

Audi's 5 pot engine imho is one of the best engines for engineering quality and design (i still look after quite a few of them today) of any engine they built. But thats just my view of how they have stood the test of time of well over 20 years use.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BMW 6-pot engine was pretty good wouldn't you agree?

All I am saying about my car's exhaust sound is that, considering that it's only a 4-pot, it sounds good....Not better than or even as good as, but good for what it is. Subarus sound much too coarse for my taste and I love the sound of a V8 best of all.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'd wait till march and get the 06 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably will be march the way things are going sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, will definitely be middle of Feb. They have the car now, I have a deposit placed on it and I am viewing it tomorrow and driving it then have a bit of a wait but I am away at the end of Dec until the middle of Feb so pick it up as soon as I get back.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'd wait till march and get the 06 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably will be march the way things are going sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, will definitely be middle of Feb. They have the car now, I have a deposit placed on it and I am viewing it tomorrow and driving it then have a bit of a wait but I am away at the end of Dec until the middle of Feb so pick it up as soon as I get back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean its being used as a demo in the meantime until mid February by the dealer?

I wish I could cope with that thought. I would want to go out in the car with each 'tester' & tuck it up afterwards.

Still I suppose you've the pleasure of getting your factory built later. 169144-ok.gif

Yep, is a demo at the moment.

Not ideal I know but they are difficult to get hold of and this was the quickest I was able to get one as close to the spec as I wanted. Most dealers were quoting November next year for a factory order and I dont want to wait that long. I am placing an order tomorrow for a factory order too but whilst I wait for it I will be driving one anyway.

Sounds like you are in much the same boat as me.

I collect my R on Saturday and I've also got my chosen spec'd R being delivered on 1 September 2006, having agreed to sell my (temporary) R back to the dealer at an agreed price, subject to keeping the mileage down below 8k miles.

For the next year, all dealers are indicating that R's will be few and far between!! 169144-ok.gif TP.

[ QUOTE ]

Yep, is a demo at the moment.

Not ideal I know but they are difficult to get hold of and this was the quickest I was able to get one as close to the spec as I wanted. Most dealers were quoting November next year for a factory order and I dont want to wait that long. I am placing an order tomorrow for a factory order too but whilst I wait for it I will be driving one anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep , I see what you mean at least you'll be driving what you want soon & can sell back to a dealer later hopefully for a good price if the market remains tight.

[ QUOTE ]

One dealer offered me their demo in 12 months time for list price. Obviously they got told where they could shove it as I could have a brand new one in 12 months for the same money.

[/ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gif I know they want to protect the residuals but that's the most stupid thing I've heard all day! Furthermore, having spent my working day in Norwich, that really is saying something... smashfreakB.gif