C'mon....C'mon....MOVE IT!!!

MOSE

What a bloody experience I've had tonight, but have definately seen the funny side of it and my sides are still splitting.

OK, wife's car is in having some warranty work done to it and after arguing the toss about needing a courtesy car for her, they finally let us have one!!

A Chrysler Neon buttcheeks.gif

So, after being blinded by the colour I finally found out how to open it. Key in the ingition and its dead. So, go back inside and matey comes out and shows me how to start the car. Seems, without even having to press any buttons on the key fob, the Neon automatically engages the immobiliser when the key is taken out of the ignition. Ahhh, ok so that seems easy enough.

So, driving back towards home, petrol light comes on. So stop at the local garage, put some juice in it, filled it up for £31.20 WOW. OK so off home now and for the life of me I cannot find the lights, there isnt a switch, a dial, a dynamo nothing and its getting dark. Eventually find this thing under the steering column that you pull out, much like an old "choke", and hey presto the lights go on.

OK had enough already so time to get home. So at the lights, me a Nissan Micra and an old Uno. They both left me for dead as I am slowly building up to 30. Its an automatic car that takes a few light years to hit 60. So up the dual carriage way for about 1 mile and a half, I wished for once in my life I could have kicked the floor sills out and given it some legs, just like the Anthill Mob.

So got home absolutely wetting myself laughing, its a fun car, but my god, I suddenly developed a serious case of tourettes as I watched all of this prestige Unos and Micras racing past me.

Ben, I had to do the windows up to get some speed, it was rediculous, but funny at the same time. Took me back to the days when I had an old Viva and only one of the wipers was working, and when it snowed, had to put my arm out of the ow to get hte snow off the windscreen. mental!

[ QUOTE ]

ROLLEY~14.GIF

Touche. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Up until fairly recently she had a '54 316tiES Sport, which I bought her when I bought the M3. Gt a good deal on two new cars, but after all of the hassle I had with my M3, she refused to drive it. So, after fuss arsing around trying to sell it, we eventually got another dealer to buy it. She's had all sorts of cars in such a short space of time. The worst being the MG convertible...lasted 4 weeks. Now she is h driving an auto Omega CDX

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

ROLLEY~14.GIF

Touche. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Up until fairly recently she had a '54 316tiES Sport, which I bought her when I bought the M3. Gt a good deal on two new cars, but after all of the hassle I had with my M3, she refused to drive it. So, after fuss arsing around trying to sell it, we eventually got another dealer to buy it. She's had all sorts of cars in such a short space of time. The worst being the MG convertible...lasted 4 weeks. Now she is h driving an auto Omega CDX

[/ QUOTE ]

Was the M3 and or 316 the E36 or E46? I'm quietly waiting for the new coupe to come out, and can only hope its as nice as the E46.

I've heard the V6 Omegas can be a hoot to drive, obviously nothing compared to that Monaro, but I assume its a V6 being a top end model and an auto. Dad looked at a few back in 2004 when he got the Veccy, he liked the RWD, but he dislikes autos, and seing as most of the V6 models are autos, we left that idea and got a lovely *cough* 1.8 Vectra.

ECLIPSe.gif

both M3 and £16 were E46 range, both registered in November 04. We had the MV6 and traded it in against the one we got now, mainly because of very high milage and an MOT iminant. The car had a lot of balls and I didnt really want to let it go, but neither did I really want any nasty suprises when MOT day came. The Omega she is driving now is a hoot, it has an unpredictable nature, which always makes me laugh. See, having owned the M3 I developed a sick sense of humour.

[ QUOTE ]

Don't like them one bit. I take it it was the new model?

Do they still have frameless doors? (the final insult)

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a horrible car, and yes it has a frameless door, no frame around hte window whatsoever. Got a mean exhaust note though, but only cos it is blowing from somewhere under the car!

[ QUOTE ]

both M3 and £16 were E46 range, both registered in November 04. We had the MV6 and traded it in against the one we got now, mainly because of very high milage and an MOT iminant. The car had a lot of balls and I didnt really want to let it go, but neither did I really want any nasty suprises when MOT day came. The Omega she is driving now is a hoot, it has an unpredictable nature, which always makes me laugh. See, having owned the M3 I developed a sick sense of humour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might ahve to talk Dad into trading the Veccy in..... "You know how you always wanted an Omega, well theyre cheap now... and the Veccy isnt as comfortable for five as it used to be..."

Plus the Veccy is very poorly, its about 10,000 overdue for a service, and has various warning lights on the dash, coupled with a recent spate of cutting out and not starting first time. Oh, and a broken windscreen. And its dirty. Does it ever end?

The E46 looks nice, but I have read about some owners having problems with them. Although my dad's neighbour had an E46 330Ci, and traded it in for an E36 325i. Suppose it says alot about the E46. I still like them, but I would always be tempted to go up to an E39 530i or something.

[clip]Plus the Veccy is very poorly, its about 10,000 overdue for a service, and has various warning lights on the dash, coupled with a recent spate of cutting out and not starting first time. Oh, and a broken windscreen. And its dirty. Does it ever end?[/clip]

Having a dashboard lit up light a xmas tree with warning lights is all the fun of owning a Vauxhall, and not servicing them makes them even more fun!

Yes, the E46 is a nice shape and I do wish somtimes that I had bought the M3 Coupe and not the Cab, if I had I might still be driving it now. There again, if I hadnt owned the cab, with its dodgy Friday the 13th build date, I would never have got totally pissed off with it and bought the Monaro.....which I am abso-friggin-lutely chuffed to bits with!

[ QUOTE ]

[clip]Plus the Veccy is very poorly, its about 10,000 overdue for a service, and has various warning lights on the dash, coupled with a recent spate of cutting out and not starting first time. Oh, and a broken windscreen. And its dirty. Does it ever end?/[clip]

Having a dashboard lit up light a xmas tree with warning lights is all the fun of owning a Vauxhall, and not servicing them makes them even more fun!

[/ QUOTE ]

znaika.gif I warned him it would happen, but alas no. NO listen to the son, he knows nothing.

He's now terrified to take it anywhere because of fear of braking down, or for fear of the windscreen coming in on him due to the crack all over the passenger side....

It needs a service desperately, but his wife's Isuzu demands more attention because its "more important" and seemingly more expensive....

So poor Veccy sits in the driveway, dirty and unloved, flashing its dashboard and cutting out every now and again.

Must wash her on Sunday. (Get £20 for doing it laugh.gif)

[ QUOTE ]

What a bloody experience I've had tonight, but have definately seen the funny side of it and my sides are still splitting.

OK, wife's car is in having some warranty work done to it and after arguing the toss about needing a courtesy car for her, they finally let us have one!!

A Chrysler Neon buttcheeks.gif

So, after being blinded by the colour I finally found out how to open it. Key in the ingition and its dead. So, go back inside and matey comes out and shows me how to start the car. Seems, without even having to press any buttons on the key fob, the Neon automatically engages the immobiliser when the key is taken out of the ignition. Ahhh, ok so that seems easy enough.

So, driving back towards home, petrol light comes on. So stop at the local garage, put some juice in it, filled it up for £31.20 WOW. OK so off home now and for the life of me I cannot find the lights, there isnt a switch, a dial, a dynamo nothing and its getting dark. Eventually find this thing under the steering column that you pull out, much like an old "choke", and hey presto the lights go on.

OK had enough already so time to get home. So at the lights, me a Nissan Micra and an old Uno. They both left me for dead as I am slowly building up to 30. Its an automatic car that takes a few light years to hit 60. So up the dual carriage way for about 1 mile and a half, I wished for once in my life I could have kicked the floor sills out and given it some legs, just like the Anthill Mob.

So got home absolutely wetting myself laughing, its a fun car, but my god, I suddenly developed a serious case of tourettes as I watched all of this prestige Unos and Micras racing past me.

[/ QUOTE ]God, I love V8's! God bless America and the muscle cars we produce! I can't stand being stuck in a car that can't get out of it's own way!