Monaro VXR 500 review

MOSE

[ QUOTE ]

I never thought id advocate the 'ro over the M3 until this summer - ive been a passenger in an M3 on numerous occasions, and loved it, and think its a brilliant car. HOwever, after being in NZ, hearing all the 'ros and commodores, and then being a passenger in a Monaro and a HSV commodore, IMO the holdens just have a raw powerful feeling that stirs something up that the BMW didn't do for me. For the money as well... brilliant car, though unfortunately i can't comment on how it is to drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Youve obviously never tried a CSL wink.gif! 169144-ok.gif

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hence the reason for gladly p/exing the M3 mate. The Ro has a definate edge in performance of the M3. Cant say it a smoother drive than the M3 though, the Ro is a real DRIVERS car!!

So having the S4 compared to an evning with SADE over the experince of driving the M3, imagine how the Monaro is in comparison. Its a hoot mate!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I never thought id advocate the 'ro over the M3 until this summer - ive been a passenger in an M3 on numerous occasions, and loved it, and think its a brilliant car. HOwever, after being in NZ, hearing all the 'ros and commodores, and then being a passenger in a Monaro and a HSV commodore, IMO the holdens just have a raw powerful feeling that stirs something up that the BMW didn't do for me. For the money as well... brilliant car, though unfortunately i can't comment on how it is to drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Youve obviously never tried a CSL wink.gif! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

have you tried a monaro?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

So having the S4 compared to an evening with SADE over the experince of driving the M3, imagine how the Monaro is in comparison. Its a hoot mate!!

[/ QUOTE ]

....Are we talking about the same SADE !?

An evening out:-

963337-sade_1.jpg

An evening in:-

[/ QUOTE ]

In Clarkeson's world YES.....an in my world UNDOUBTEDLY!!! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

wow! its that good???? hmm.. how far can a student loan stretch???

(it probably wouldn't cover the insurance)

[/ QUOTE ]

Insurance on the Monaro is significantly less than HALF of what I was paying on the M3, and that is with all the goodies 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You're not 12 though MOSE

[/ QUOTE ]

Oof! yelrotflmao.gif

Having experienced the pain of mega-depreciation, I'm not sure I could stomach £35k or so on a Monaro - even though that's fantastic value in terms of bang for buck.

However, I'm starting to think a decent second hand Monaro at around £20k is an exceptionally intriguing option. At that kind of price I'd have enough left over to throw some interesting bits at it (and subsidise the fuel bill!). I'd just have to find an insurer that's a bit more mod-friendly than Privilege. tongue.gif

I really am sick of JT just attacking every post I make regardless of any merit it may or may not have, without clearly voicing any reason for doing so - I would rather have any problems he has with me out in the open so they can be dealt with, rather than disrupting the joy.

[ QUOTE ]

But are you VXR enough MOSE? wink.gif

What's the standard power output of the 6.0L Monaro?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah bring it on!!!

Garcon took the words right out of me mouth, although there are different figures quoted via different sources. Some say 398, some say higher. But until soeone grabs an engine out of the car and stuffs it on a bench and does the typical tests on it, I suppose I will never know!

TBH, not really bothered cos there is now more grunt with the new mods than I had with the previous Mods which I had enjoyed over the amazing stock performance of the original car. Just keeps getting better!

[ QUOTE ]

Malagus I think hes just kidding M8, chill beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually take this sort of thing with a pinch of salt - its to be expected on here really, but Thorburn is always at it, and has never given me any idea as to why, just constantly attacks whatever posts I make, to such an extent that I try to avoid posting in threads he starts or is a leading poster in. Its been pissing me off for ages, and im feckin sick of it now.