Yellow Caymans

_Tone_

Guys

How many of you have a yellow Cayman? I have just ordered one today and there was a bit of a stink about the colour. Essentially they wanted a bit more deposit to order the car because they (Lease Co & Porsche UK) said it is a risky colour?

I will be getting it on March 1st and the only options I went for were 18" Cayman S Alloys and Sound Package Plus.

Having driven one - I absolutely loved it - gosh I am really excited now! smlove2.gif

Tone

Hey Rachel

Yeah its Speed Yellow - were you pinned down with a hefty deposit?

I cant really figure it - its the sportiest colour available (IMHO!!)and having trawled the net last night found many pics of yellow caymans and they look fab! Much better then red. The carrera white is a stunner as well but yellow - well its something else!

Tone

Hefty deposit? Moi? No (go trawl back through the Lounge of Joy posts around late May this year).

I found the colour really polarises people - but far, far more folks like it than don't. It seems to be regarded as a "cool Porsche colour". The advantage of the Boxster is the black interior and black roof break up the solid colour too.

When discussing colour with my local dealer they also indicated that a larger deposit may be required for 'unpopular' colour choices.

Personally I love the look of the white & think they also look great in the yellow or red.

(I bought mine 2nd hand so was stuck with what was available - the grey is great but is a head choice not a heart choice)

BTW did you pay the larger deposit or get them to relent?

Hiya

We paid the larger deposit!

Really wanted the car - so we will get it back by taking delivery of the car so it isn't so bad - I was just surprised.

Long wait to 1st march now - although this year has vapourised so I expect the next couple of months will too!

Thanks for the feedback - I found a tonn of decent pics online so I feel I have made the right decision!

Tone

[ QUOTE ]

Hiya

We paid the larger deposit!

[/ QUOTE ]

What was the 'higher' deposit. I ordered earlier this month for an April delivery and had to pay £3,000! That's for an CS, Black/Black/Black with 'touring car' extras.

Seemed a lot but was told it was the standard (and £5,000+ for 911s)

Sam

• 1 month later...

Well it arrived today and I am very happy.

A lot of people have said that iit is under powered - but going from a TDI to a 245bhp cayman means I am well catered for, it arrived at 8.20 and after taking some snaps went out for a drive - certainly put a smile on my face!

I went light on the options bearing in mind I would not be paying for it (present from t'other half) so its a rocket.

I love the Speed Yellow - not one moment did I regret the colour choice.

Lets hope the OPC's are better to deal with then VW dealers who are by far the worst lot I have come accross.

Well done! Enjoy it! Anyone who thinks 250-odd HP isn't enough obviously can't drive. grin.gif

I was given today, most unexpectedly and very excitingly, a Cayman S (seal grey) as a loan car while my baby was in for its first service...

Awesome vehicle, and very different to drive to the Boxster.

[ QUOTE ]

Well it arrived today and I am very happy.

A lot of people have said that iit is under powered - but going from a TDI to a 245bhp cayman means I am well catered for, it arrived at 8.20 and after taking some snaps went out for a drive - certainly put a smile on my face!

I went light on the options bearing in mind I would not be paying for it (present from t'other half) so its a rocket.

I love the Speed Yellow - not one moment did I regret the colour choice.

Lets hope the OPC's are better to deal with then VW dealers who are by far the worst lot I have come accross.

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif Congrats on the car but don't hold your breath over the dealers - expect to be charged alot, get a general feeling of disorganisation and never to recieve a callback when promised 169144-ok.gif