Daz

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

I have just done some calcs:

IF the S5 is 1630Kg and produces 350BHP at the flywheel, 4.8Secs to 60 is about right. Now that is quick. smile.gifnotworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the spec sheet next to the car the S5 at Geneva weighed in at 1700kg IIRC, with 1610kg quoted for the 3.2.

[ QUOTE ]

IF the S5 is 1630Kg and produces 350BHP at the flywheel, 4.8Secs to 60 is about right. Now that is quick. smile.gifnotworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't be quite right as the B7 RS4 is approax 1650-1660kgs with 414 bhp and does 0-62 in 4.8

5.0-5.1 more likely?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the spec sheet next to the car the S5 at Geneva weighed in at 1700kg IIRC, with 1610kg quoted for the 3.2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how much FSi improves performance figures as well over the V8 in our B6's John? With the data around they say the S5 will be near 5 second 0-62 but from what you are saying it is heavier then the B6 which is supposedly 5.6 second 0-62?

[ QUOTE ]

They've pulled the brouchure/pricelist from the http://www.audi.co.uk today. I wonder if it is being revised?

[/ QUOTE ]

Edition 2 is now online. I have spotted the following differences from Edition 1:

Page 16/17 - Liquid Blue removed from page 16; Sprint Blue moved into its place from Page 17.

Page 27 - Audi Parking System Advance no longer listed.

Page 28 - Electric slide-and-tilt panoramic sunroof no longer listed.

Page 28 - Tow bar no longer listed.

• 4 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

Not according to the brochure I downloaded from the microsite. I'll take another look to double checked if I'm wrong I'll let you know!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup the brochure says 1655 blush.gif

All of the press I have seen has said the figure I quoted above frown.gif

In the small print it says the "unladen" weight is with a 90% tank fill. 68kg for the driver (skinny b*st*rd) and 7kg for luggage. I wonder how Audi get to their figure. Is there a standard when it comes to these things.

Still rather have a white M3 coupe though with anthracite wheels...

[ QUOTE ]

In the small print it says the "unladen" weight is with a 90% tank fill. 68kg for the driver (skinny b*st*rd) and 7kg for luggage. I wonder how Audi get to their figure. Is there a standard when it comes to these things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just wondering that. Does subtracting that come to the figure I put above?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just wondering that. Does subtracting that come to the figure I put above?

[/ QUOTE ]

Close-ish but we don't know how Audi arrives at it's figure either... Has anyone got the brochure? Does it say? It could be the weight on one of the moons of Saturn for all we know grin.gif

I just found the 1630kg weight quoted as Curb weight the definition of which according to Wikipedia is :

[ QUOTE ]

Curb (kerb) weight is the total weight of a vehicle with standard equipment, all necessary operating consumables (such as motor oil and coolant), a full tank of fuel and not loaded with either passengers or cargo

[/ QUOTE ]

So looks like the M3 is a little bit lighter but there is not much in it....

• bison unpinned this topic