Replacing an A3 DIS

baggy

Don't suppose any of you have done this, but on the off chance that anyone has replaced the DIS (I think that's the techincal name for the computer screen thingy anyway!) themselves, how difficult is it?

Failing that, if anyone has had their instrument pannel out for any other reason could ya please let me know whether I should attempt it myself! I'm guessing it'll be a little trickier than on my old 106.

My DIS is dying and my dealer wants 400 quid to replace it! I 'aint paying that, the part's only 95 quid.

Are u sure the parts are only £95?? if the dis fails then i was on the understanding that the whole pod has to be replaced?? Am i wrong? If you do need to remove te pod its very easy, you just have to watch out for a few things thats all. Let me know what ur gonna be planning and then if necessary i'll post the instructions then.

That's what the parts guy at my dealer said. Well I think his exact words were "around 95 quid" depending on exactly which part number I have. Never mentioned anything about having to replace the whole damn lot.

Thanks for the offer of the instructions, I'll definately take you up on that if/when I attempt this.

Cheers

Mark

Baggy,

If you can get the part number, give the guys at VAGparts.com a shout, the will more than likely be able to offer you a more than reasonable discount, tell them your from as.net, one of the buy's Martyn hangs round the forums sometimes. They done me some good deals in the past.

Cheers,

Chris.

One of my mates is a serice manager for a dealership and they make a fortune out of warranty claims - he actively encourages people to claim things under warranty as most of it never gets checked by the manufacturer, only the major things like gearboxes aand engines only get returned to be checked out to see if the claim is valid !!!