Scumbag round my house!

Decked

The lengths one has to go to to stop these oxygen-stealing vermin is ridiculous. You, like we all have, have worked hard to afford a damn nice car, and these vermin want to take what's yours. Not only that, but they will terrorise a family to get what is yours. These people would make suitable Al-Qaeda recruits. openfire.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The lengths one has to go to to stop these oxygen-stealing vermin is ridiculous. You, like we all have, have worked hard to afford a damn nice car, and these vermin want to take what's yours. Not only that, but they will terrorise a family to get what is yours. These people would make suitable Al-Qaeda recruits. openfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree. I'm glad I had the delock kit on my car. Everyone out there with a mk4 should get this done, it's a cheap mod. This could be you one day but without your stereo and belongings....

[ QUOTE ]

I totally agree. I'm glad I had the delock kit on my car. Everyone out there with a mk4 should get this done, it's a cheap mod. This could be you one day but without your stereo and belongings....

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the MKIV more so than the MKV?

Mk IV had a security weakness to do with the drivers door lock which is why most have them removed (the weakness was fixed on later cars but that doesn't stop you getting a destroyed lock to try it out - attacking a delocked "lock" is pretty hopeful though...

Ahhhh, if this would be the states, and you could just reach into cupboard to pull out a 9 milli... Anyone on or in your property is fair game as they have shown intent being there in the first place, as long as you didn't shoot the feckers in the back grin.gif And don't give me this crap that if we were allowed to have guns then so would the 'perps'.... because those guys are tooled with guns in this country anyway. Just because it's illegal for them to have one doesn't mean they can't get them...

Everyone with a MKIV or derivative should get the de-lock done . I awoke one morning to find my Seat Leon Cupra R had been broken into via the same security 'flaw' . In my case the found the locking wheel nut and proceeded to nick my alloys. It is incredibly easy to break into a MKIV with out setting the alarm off. Frighteningly easy infact.

Sorry to hear about your woes DeckedR32.

VARYING QUOTES

If you must go with VW, then shop around. I recently found huge (and I mean, huge) differences in the prices charged by different VW Dealers for the same job. Abridge wanted £99/Hr for a 4-wheel alignment that would take 2.5hrs to complete, so that's £247.50 before VAT! shocked.gif

I then tried Vindis Sawston (Johnny Large sang their praises on here when his chain snapped recently, remember). They said the basic price would be £329 before VAT! mad.gif

I finally got it done at Alan Day for £98.70 incuding VAT all in. No hourly charge here. I've learnt that VW Dealers, being independent hardly ever charge the same price to rectify the same problem.

DRIVER'S DOOR

As for de-locking the driver's door, I'm very interested in doing this for the reasons given below. My only question is, what about the boot? It has a keyhole, so if the driver's door is de-locked, isn't there a danger that the scumbags could still get in through the boot? How can I secure this?

When I got my '04' MKIV in March this year, it had done 11,880 miles and I raced down to the dealers on the day I saw it on-line. What they however conveniently failed to tell me was that the driver's door had already been broken into and the Konig Seats stolen. I contacted the original owner (via details on the Log Book) when the rattling from the driver's door started to drive me insane and was told the full horror story. Apparently, the Police thought the only reason the car itself was not stolen was because the scumbags feared 'Tracker' was installed. Had I been made aware of the history, I would have kept my nigh on £20K and would have walked away and got myself an Audi/Edition 30 or searched for another MKIV R. This deceit by the Stealers is the basis of my on-going complaint to VW.

I'll be booking the car into a VW Bodyshop next week so that my concerns about the door can be addressed and I've already told VW that I will not be footing the bill. Once that's done I'll have the door de-locked.

MKIV owners, don't ignore this important issue. NONO3.GIF

Is there any way the boot can be secured?

TNM.

They're quoting to paint the side of the car instead of just a localised repair - basically so you don't see the colour match. In reality they will just paint the door area and lacquer the rest. Some places will just blend the lacquer into the surrounding area instead.

Best of luck, and sorry to see the mess. W@nkers.