Locked out of my Navigation Plus system

drummie

HI there.

I'm new here but was directed from another audi forum I use.

I own a 2001 RS4 avant and I recentley had some repairs done. When I came to turn on the stereo it was locked as the battery had been removed, so I go to my service history and get the code but the unit says it's "LOCKED" I can't enter a code. Nothing moves.

Anyone got any ideas what i can do to reset the unit? I own VAG-COM and have been into the radio settings to see if there is a reset function. All I can see is a reprogram button that makes my rapidly feel like I've run out of knowlegde!

It's an RNS 5.1 system.

Any help would be great

Cheers

Dave.

• 1 year later...
You need to turn it on and leave it on for an hour, only then it will accept the code. Sounds like whoever disconnected the battery entered the wrong code...

By turn it on, what do you mean? The car?

You see, I have a similar problem with my Audi A8 1999. I managed to lock my navigation system, and it won't respond to anything anymore! Do I just have to turn my car on, and leave it like that for an hour, and I'll have 3 new goes? :)

I know this is an old thread, but I thought it would be too stupid to start a new one! ;)

By turn it on, what do you mean? The car?

You see, I have a similar problem with my Audi A8 1999. I managed to lock my navigation system, and it won't respond to anything anymore! Do I just have to turn my car on, and leave it like that for an hour, and I'll have 3 new goes? :)

I know this is an old thread, but I thought it would be too stupid to start a new one! ;)

The radio won't subtract time from the lock sequence unless it has power.. so yes you need to leave the vehicle in accessory. Not sure if leaving just the radio turned-on in your car (turn the car off, then press the power button) will work.... but it might. You could try it, but without VAG-COM to monitor the channel for a response you may be wasting your time.

Not sure if leaving just the radio turned-on in your car (turn the car off, then press the power button) will work.... but it might.

It won't - the radio will turn off after 30 minutes if the ignition isn't on.

You need to turn the ignition on, which problem means driving around aimlessly for a hour to avoid the battery going flat (unless you have a proper mains charger) before you'll be able to enter the code.

I have got myself locked out of my MFD several now(Golf IV) - I just leave the key turned on for about an hour then a some point the screen changes from SAFE to Enter Code at which point I will have looked up the code rather than tried to use my memory ! No need for vagcom but does need to be a continuous period, the unit does not work or anything whilst in safe mode so haven't found battery drain an issue (nor fortunately theft of the car with the keys in it !)

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, 

I have a similar problem, my car si audi a6 2001, 2.5 tdi quattro, my navigation system is locked, and dont recognise my code in my car book, one year ago its worked with the same code.

I sending a video. 

Can you help me please. I had another problem with my car  and i disconnect the fuse from box, and from then my navigation system doesnt work. 

http://bit.ly/audiA6video

Thanks in advance!