Instrument Panel Problem

quattro59

Unfortunately it's probably not a loose connection but the now infamous dash pod failure. It takes many forms but results in the dash pod being replaced. My car is also 2001 but mine is an import (was only 1 year warranty) so Audi UK wouldn't cover the cost. My dealer contacted the factory and they offered to pay 70% of the parts. This left me with a potential bill of £238 including the fitting. Since my problem was only a misreading fuel guage I didn't think it was worth the cost.

I try to avoid cross posting to other forums but there is a database being formed for people who have suffered with a dash problem. The details are HERE

I have had this too, its worth sorting because it deteriorates quickly from flicking rev/spedo to no revs/speedo (not a good thing when u already have 6pts) then finally it doesn't recognise your key so imobilises itself. I was stranded in Tesco's car park frown.gif it was still under warrenty at the time thankfully smile.gif