Wonder Detail vs Audi A4 Quattro

drpellypo

This belongs to the son in law of the person who's Audi Coupe Quattro I did. Audi's run in the family! It's a 2.8 Petrol. Average fuel economy on the trip was less than 18mpg :tumbleweed: 113 thousand miles on the clock. That's a lot of petrol!

The weather was nasty over the two days I did this detail, so not really easy to picture defects, or the final finish. It wasn't too bad actually, especially for the age. Certainly wasn't swirled to bits.

My pressure washer had been stuck at the back of the building cabin and there was a stack of stuff piled in front of it (builders!) so I dropped the snow foam routine.

Process therefore was:

Pre-wash with Surf City Garage Road Trip Grime Destroyer (this stuff is pretty much identical to P21s Autowash, just a bit thicker)

Washed TBM with some of my shampoo

Dried with Surf City Garage Wet Vac towel

Clayed with Polyclay using Megs LT as lube

Played around with various pads and polish combos, ended up on 3m yellow top on a Megs pad.

Paint was ROCK hard, however the megs pad and Makita dealt with pretty much every panel on one hit.

Headlights hit with 3m with the Makita.

Washed again.

Zaino Z2 accelerated and left on for 45 minutes, followed by another coat, followed by Z8 (I've just realised I put Z10 on the customers invoice. I hope he doesn't google it and wonder why I sprayed his car with leather cleaner!)

Interior done with 303 aerospace and carpets and seats with APC.

Some before pictures:

DSCF1233.jpg

DSCF1239.jpg

DSCF1240.jpg

DSCF1241.jpg

DSCF1242.jpg

DSCF1244.jpg

DSCF1247.jpg

DSCF1253.jpg

DSCF1254.jpg

DSCF1258.jpg

Didn't come out too well in this pic, but there was bad swirling, but only on this panel. It was much worse than the rest of the car.

After pics:

DSCF1274.jpg

DSCF1276.jpg

DSCF1277.jpg

DSCF1279.jpg

DSCF1271.jpg

DSCF1270.jpg

DSCF1269.jpg

DSCF1267.jpg

DSCF1265.jpg

DSCF1264.jpg

DSCF1260.jpg

Thanks Geoff.

The 3m stuff is cracking. I've never noticed the h&s stuff. I do always wear nitrile gloves though, and I wear glasses, so no chance of splashback. There's actually a lot to consider where detailing and H&S is concerned. I was talking to Paul Dalton about this a few days ago. He wears a dust mask when he's machine polishing!