Strange Fault on Dash Computer

MACH1

Just had my car back from garage and there is a Strange Fault diagram on the dash computer, It is a picture of a steering Wheel with an Exclamation mark to the right hand side of it, All in Orange, I have checked my hand book but no such fault could be found, Nothing shows up on a Vag diagnostics controller, well at least not the one in the Garage where i took it.also there are no readings of mpg or how much fuel i'm using etc.Anyone any ideas. Thanks.

Not that i know of, it went in for gearbox change would they need to take the steering wheel off for that?

[ QUOTE ]

I think its the esp sensor, happened to me when i changed the steering wheel,as that is where it calibrates the straight ahead position from, have they had yours off?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Not that i know of, it went in for gearbox change would they need to take the steering wheel off for that?

What is an SCSM? confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It can also appear if the fuse that powers the SCSM is removed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

What is an SCSM? confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Steering Column Switch Module - if it loses power it "forgets" which way the steering wheel is pointing and that confuses the ESP - hence the fault shown on the DIS.

It's easily corrected - you don't need to go to the dealer if you have VAG-COM - look here http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/steeringangle.html