Quick Q on selling my car

a3malawimatt

Hi All,

Advertised my A3 sportback in autotrader yesterday and have had quite a good response so far considering it is only on the website at the moment.

Anyway, I priced it up at £19295 which i think is on the mondey considering it is 14 months old with every option and has the 170bhp diesel engine. Also low mileage with 9000 miles and one owner.

Anyway had an offer of 18500 today from a couple of dealers which is about what i want/need to change. thing is there is a small car park ding and the front tyres need replacing. I was hoping to get someone who wanted it local to see it and haggle and say well i'll come down to such and such to allow. The dealers don't know about these issues as they litterally just came at me with the prices without asking anything. Should i phone them up and say yep offer accepted but i think i should tell you...... or not worry about it?

Thanks

Matt

They won't hold on a price until they have checked the car over.

I'm quite surprised at the offer price, there's been a few 06 170 S Lines go through auction recently, manual certainly don't get that sort of money.

Firm up a price you want and get them over, it's there wasted visit if they don't want to pay the money suggested over the phone less £300 (£200 Tyres + £100 dent removal).