Renault - cr*p products, cr*p service.

theduisbergkid

We swapped our Golf Gti for a Scenic for the missus some time ago, and as expected, major parts failing and trim falling off is a daily occurance. I did warn her, but hey, she did insist...

Anyhoo, we picked up a large screw in a tyre, but had a flyer for 'free puncture repair' at the local main stealer. Wife takes it in, guy 'fixes it', puts it back in the boot before she can check it. Gets home, f*cking great screw still in the tyre. They obviously fobbed her off, but what really gets my goat, is that is a safety issue. smashfreakB.gifNONO3.GIF

Never had this problem with Volvo or VW....

yelrotflmao.gif Been here, done that. Mrs Cameo had a Clio on lease and we spec'd it up with a view to buy when the lease was up. Needless to say it went back at the end of the lease...rattly trim, flaking paintwork, poor low rev fuelling (with inevitable stalling) and disinterested dealers (worse even than VW). Flush.gif

The build quality was worse than a R5 Gordini turbo which I had 20 years before sportifs2.gif

Renault's current major challenge within the company is supposedly to be in the top 3 for quality for every model.

Either they've got one hell of a challenge on their hands or they really meant to be in the top 3 French manufacturers grin.gif

Having said that, a chap at work has had two and put decent mileage on both with hardly a problem - French equivalent of a Friday afternoon car confused.gifsmirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Having said that, a chap at work has had two and put decent mileage on both with hardly a problem - French equivalent of a Friday afternoon car confused.gifsmirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just a shame they build the majority of their cars on Friday afternoon because they do have some good cars on papergrin.gifgrin.gif

I really don't get modern French cars. Yes they're cheap and generally wel specced, but why would anyone spend their own money on one ? I had a 207 Gti recently, which wasn't bad, but my Bro-in-law had a Clio 182 cup thingy, utter utter excrement. Horrid to drive, and zero build quality.

Anyhoo, rant over, I'm going to talk her into a Forester Turbo.....

Clio 182's (cups or Trophy) are a stunning drive. You just need to know how to treat them!!!

That Meggy i had was simply phenominal. Ok, not particularly well built, but the sheer speed through the bends, grip and aggresiveness of it was awesome.

Though i did have many rattles after 7k miles!! grin.gif

I have a 2007 LHD Kangoo dci 85, bought after I sold my RHD A4 Avant, as an interim until I can get my new Subaru Legacy Boxer diesel. Build quality seems OK to me with no particularly bad rattles and the last service cost me just €85. Not particularly comfortable to drive at 130kph though and horrendous seats for long trips. My daughters Scenic, also LHD, has had a mangled gearbox replaced after just 2 years and one month (warranty is 2 years here) and no, they wouldn't pay for it but contributed 50% of the cost. Needless to say it's going as soon as funds allow her to replace it with a Passat estate or similar.