Blown Away..

CJ92

Collected my Edition30 today and have to say its totally blown me away.Looks,Engine sound,Interior quality is superb.I must give my dealer a really big 169144-ok.giffor the excellent handover.Its really going to be a pleasure to runin..

Will post some pics asap.. ECLIPSe.gif

I just cant believe the difference between the Ed30&my previous GTi& thats before i have run it in!Ride is definitely softer than my 06 GTi?The interlagos/leather seats are really comfy.Engine has a nice throaty note to it..

Really impressed.. ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Enjoy - no doubt you will be finding the weakest excuse to go for a blast.

Paper shops always seem to be miles away ECLIPSe.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Absolutely! 169144-ok.gifI just cant believe how much better the ride is?When i first drove my 06 GTi the wife&i were both really concerned how hard the ride was.

It did get better as the miles went on but still much more harder riding than the ED30.

Any ideas as to why this would be.. confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Enjoy - no doubt you will be finding the weakest excuse to go for a blast.

Paper shops always seem to be miles away ECLIPSe.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Absolutely! 169144-ok.gifI just cant believe how much better the ride is?When i first drove my 06 GTi the wife&i were both really concerned how hard the ride was.

It did get better as the miles went on but still much more harder riding than the ED30.

Any ideas as to why this would be.. confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Suspension components are exactly the same so probably a problem with your 06 gti. Mine rides really smoothly, ride comfort is never an issue. I read there was a problem with dealers leaving transit blocks on the suspension which resulted in a rather rock hard ride.

Suspension components are exactly the same so probably a problem with your 06 gti. Mine rides really smoothly, ride comfort is never an issue. I read there was a problem with dealers leaving transit blocks on the suspension which resulted in a rather rock hard ride.

[/ QUOTE ]First thing i checked was transit blocks&they had been removed on pdi.I wonder if it was a combination of the leather seats&5Dr bodyshell compared to the 3Dr bodyshell&interlagos seats in the Ed30..

I have to admit i do find the interlagos/leather seats very comfortable.. ECLIPSe.gif

Hi there, I too have just changed from a GTi to an ED30, and I'm very satisfied with the difference in the power delivery of the engine. Much smoother, more torque low down and it has a noticeable amount of punch above 4,000.

Suspension wise, I've noticed no difference.

So, like you, I'm well chuffed. smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hi there, I too have just changed from a GTi to an ED30, and I'm very satisfied with the difference in the power delivery of the engine. Much smoother, more torque low down and it has a noticeable amount of punch above 4,000.

Suspension wise, I've noticed no difference.

So, like you, I'm well chuffed. smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Hi,Thats a very nicely specced ED30 you have there.Just out of interest what tyres are you running on?

Mines on Michelins my GTi was on conti's.. beerchug.gifEDITION30004.jpg

Yours look like Pilot Exaltos ? ... same as on my ED 30.

Have to say that the ride on mine is very similar to that on my last GTi, which had 17" Contis (& 18"'s Contis later 169144-ok.gif). A little quieter though - with less tyre roar / drone on certain surfaces.

Biggest difference I found was the top end pull and the exhaust note .... much meatier on the ED30 - is it a slightly bigger bore exhaust on the ED30 ?

The good news for you is that it just gets better with age - just wait till you've done around 5000 / 6000 miles - the engine really seems to loosen up and rev much more freely, right up to the red line. I'm doing near 100 before I know it these days !! (kph officer, of course the_finger.gif)

The good news for you is that it just gets better with age - just wait till you've done around 5000 / 6000 miles - the engine really seems to loosen up and rev much more freely, right up to the red line. I'm doing near 100 before I know it these days !! (kph officer, of course the_finger.gif)

[/ QUOTE ].....Cant wait!!!What were you running before the ED30? ECLIPSe.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Hi,Thats a very nicely specced ED30 you have there.Just out of interest what tyres are you running on?

Mines on Michelins my GTi was on conti's.. beerchug.gifEDITION30004.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Tyre's on mine are the Potenza's - seem OK so far.

With regards to your photo - what on earth has happened to your centre caps? shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]

....I really love the grey silver finish on the Ed30 BBS alloys - Not too grey and not too bright, but just right 169144-ok.gif. Your pic shows the true alloy colour very well.

[/ QUOTE ]Thanks RR.Was very overcast yesterday,Wednesday was quite sunny and todays not to bad---so far!Have done almost 300miles since last Wednesday and still on same tank of fuel.. ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Get it chipped and free the beast lurking within the ED30 Engine.

300BHP and not a sniff of a problem at all. Seriously quick and completely standard looking. Enjoy your ED30. smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Thanks,it is something i would consider having had my previous GTi remapped at APS.Where did you have yours done,how many miles had you covered before the remap.. 169144-ok.gif