55 plate allroad 2.5TDI Tip Limited Edition value?

Chris_B

C5 allroad 2.5 TDI Tiptronic, with winter pack (heated front seats & mirrors), in Volcano Black, on a 55 Plate from late September 2005, and under 6000 miles on the clock.

First off, like to hazard a guess at the price the dealer offered, and secondly, what's it really worth?

No prizes, it's just for fun kids! grin.gif

My god, I'd have fainted at that! blush.gif

Nope, I thought £19750 was a fecking slap to be honest. It's got under six thousand miles on it, and it's as near to mint as a 2.5 year old car can be.

Feck me, it cost me £22k plus an A2 that was worth £7.5k, so I've really thrown away a whole A2 (which was also low mileage and within 24 hours of being traded it in, before it had even been washed!) to have an allroad for 6000 miles?

Sheesh. I bet they try to retail it for well north of £22k.

The annoying thing is, if my new car hadn't taken to fecking long to turn up, I might have benn able to get rid of this allroad before they dumped too many C6s on the market, killing C5 residuals.

Looking at the used car search, there's loads out there with over 20k miles on that are retailing for £20k to £22k. There's a 24k miler up for £25k in Rayleigh, perhaps I should offer them mine for £22k?

I swear, there is so little to do to this car, it's not true - tyres are great (with under 6k miles on, so they should be), it's been serviced at 12 and 24 months, it's had new brake discs and pads all round about 1000 miles ago, there's a tony scratch on the Tip surround, a tiny ding in a rear door (would pull out) and a small scuff on the dark grey plastic inset in the rear bumper, and genuinely one lady owner.

It's a bargain. Anyone want it for any better than £20k?

Nope, genuinely driven 80%+ of the time by the wife, mostly round town and within the speed limit. It has been far from hammered! 169144-ok.gif

C5s have never been great for brakes IMHO (I used to have a 2.7T that had the worst brakes I've every had on an Audi), and these must have just been a bad batch of discs, as they'd warped very slightly, and were changed under warranty.

I know - the timing is terrible. A couple of months ago there were not many C6 allroads used about, but all of a sudden there's loads, and C5 values have taken a dive.

I suppose I should consider every car an outright purchase with no residual value, then I can be pleasantly surprised when I get a small portion of its value back after a couple of years...

• 3 weeks later...

You never get the money for low mileage cars it dosnt add much to the value at all really. I lost a simliar amount on a 2 year old fully loaded z4 3.0 which had only done 6000 miles..

This was with no new model in place either...

It did have read leather though, love or hate it thing...

Its why I dont mess with new cars any more.....