The R has to go.....Gutted

mojo55

Well after wanting one since i had the gti in 2005 and the R came out around christmas 05 i brought a 4 week old one in October, unfortunatly i now have to sell as i am starting my own business. To say i am gutted is a total understatement, i would like to thank everyone on this forum for all the input, i don't post often but have been a member for sometime...

Anyone interested take a look

http://www.tyresmoke.net/classifieds.php?ShowAd=2126

Kev

Sometimes you have to prioritise and unfortunately do what ou need to do.

To be honest you couldn't really sell at a worse time, everyone has got the high road tax issue on their mind although in reality it really is a small premium to pay for such a car as normal family cars will be paying between £200-£300, but all the focus is on "gas guzzlers"

In addition, people in general are worried about money, people without it can' get cheap loans and people with it are keeping it just in case the poo hits the fan.

What you have it advertised at is fair IMO compared to the price you paid for it but I thing you'll probably need to be ready to negotiate a fair bit.

[ QUOTE ]

Dealer ahs offered me £21000 today jus to buy it off me but i reckon i can get around 22k from a dealer so tbh i will take anything above that

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't hang about too long. I think a lot of R's will be going up for sale once people start realising the implications of the road tax rise in the budget.

And the congestion charge for London due in the autumn.

[ QUOTE ]

....I wouldn't hang about too long. I think a lot of R's will be going up for sale once people start realising the implications of the road tax rise in the budget.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is only a rise of £17.50p a month after the budget. It really is peanuts when you think about it 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Jesus tspar, I'm sure your real job is as Darling's PR man. You can dress it up any way you want but we're still getting fecking shafted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we are, but the point Tspar is making is that it's not so bad in reality and financial terms, plus there's feck all we can do about it wink.gif

Just letting off steam GTI Jon, but there is something we could all do, SELL. Personally, I will do what most R owners will do, moan and whinge for a while, pay the money and enjoy my R especially as it's the silver one and everyone knows they are the fastest.