Just bought some F1 Asymetrics...

Tonsko

I have been running my F1 Asymmetrics for around 6k miles now and they are a fanstastic all round tyre. Dry grip is pretty good and I couldn't have asked for more from a road tyre after having done 2 trackdays with them. The Michelin PS2 still licks the F1 Asymmetics for outright dry grip but lasts no where as long. My PS2 lasted for 9k miles without going on the track. I project the F1 Asy to last 50% more even after the 2 trackdays. And yes, they do need a good few hundred miles before they work their magic. They also don't work too well in the cold and do require some amount of heat.

Well, I usually take magazine reviews with a pinch of salt. Autocar also did a tyre test and their dry grip results favoured the PS2s over the F1 asy. Then again, it very much depends on the car you are using them on (given the varied suspension geometry setups) and how you drive it. But at the end of the day the best tyre for your car is the one that you feel happy with that also suits your driving style.

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe as my fronts had worn to slicks on the inside edge means anything would be an improvement ??!

[/ QUOTE ]

Time for a laser alignment perhaps? Try 2 degrees of toe-in over & above OEM settings if you just use Kwik-Fecked/ATS/whoever.

If you try completely neutral toe-in (i.e. none) you'll find the car turns in better. I know, it sounds backwards, but I tried lots of different settings on my R32, mainly to try to eliminate as much understeer as possible (yes, the other mods helped this too) and neutral toe-in worked best.

• 2 weeks later...
If they are on a R32, 32 seems to low.

I run mine on a Mk5 R32 at 40psi all round, which is what VW recommends, and it's fine

I just got some of these F1's put on my .:R today, however it looks like my tyre pressure warning light is on now. pressure looks fine, I know cause I kicked em.. ;-)

seriously, is this normal or a fitting problem? what should the pressure be for these i.e 40psi like you say?

I just got some of these F1's put on my .:R today, however it looks like my tyre pressure warning light is on now. pressure looks fine, I know cause I kicked em.. ;-)

seriously, is this normal or a fitting problem? what should the pressure be for these i.e 40psi like you say?

Ok. Just seen post by cuprabob in another forum about resetting the indicator, I will try that!

I've just driven my friends mk5 R32 with the new F1 assyimetrics. The car feels so much better now compared to the OEM Conti SportContact2's he had from new.

Ride is infinatly quieter, you now hear the exhuast note, rather than road noise.

The car rides much better.

Grip seems better in the damp, and the car seems to handle better.