Eibach ProKit Springs being fitted

JonC

....On Monday, so will post some before and after shots with some thoughts on handling etc pre and post OEM. I'm very keen to see the difference in drive and I'm sure the small drop will suffice my craving for making her more squat. grin.gifgrin.gif

The Eibach's are fitted. I'll be able to post before and after piccies when I've managed to clean the car now she's more squat. The drop is noticeable but it's not loads - probably 10m-15mm all round. The most instantaneous point to note is that there is far less body roll. The OEM springs are far from wobbly in the first place, but the Eibach's noticeably firm up the body stiffness but, and here's the best bit, without compromising the ride comfort. If anything, the ride comfort feels more responsive and give the MKV GTI the ride that it should have leaving the factory IMO. The ride height started ranged within 6mm from corner to corner to start with and have ranged likewise with the drop post ProKit's. The height will drop about another 5mm when the car "settles". Overall, I'm very pleased with the aesthetics of the drop - not too much to slam it down, but enough to make her look more squat and a much improved feel to the handling. In my opinion money well spent. I'm entering and exiting corners more boldy now as the car has far less roll and feels more competent. If anyone's in the Glasgow area wanting this done, Drivers near the Charing Cross exit of the M8 provide an excellent sevice with before and after ride heights, tyre tread depths, toe in and camber detail and alignment as part of their service. Cost was £280 all in for supply and fiting. Bring on the corners grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The Eibach's are fitted. I'll be able to post before and after piccies when I've managed to clean the car now she's more squat. The drop is noticeable but it's not loads - probably 10m-15mm all round. The most instantaneous point to note is that there is far less body roll. The OEM springs are far from wobbly in the first place, but the Eibach's noticeably firm up the body stiffness but, and here's the best bit, without compromising the ride comfort. If anything, the ride comfort feels more responsive and give the MKV GTI the ride that it should have leaving the factory IMO. The ride height started ranged within 6mm from corner to corner to start with and have ranged likewise with the drop post ProKit's. The height will drop about another 5mm when the car "settles". Overall, I'm very pleased with the aesthetics of the drop - not too much to slam it down, but enough to make her look more squat and a much improved feel to the handling. In my opinion money well spent. I'm entering and exiting corners more boldy now as the car has far less roll and feels more competent. If anyone's in the Glasgow area wanting this done, Drivers near the Charing Cross exit of the M8 provide an excellent sevice with before and after ride heights, tyre tread depths, toe in and camber detail and alignment as part of their service. Cost was £280 all in for supply and fiting. Bring on the corners grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get your other mods done at Drivers as well? i've been looking for somewhere good in the Paisley/Glasgow area as i have a few upgrades planned

Did you get your other mods done at Drivers as well? i've been looking for somewhere good in the Paisley/Glasgow area as i have a few upgrades planned

Sorry, been really busy at work and no time for TSN. Cool new site huh? Drivers did my stage 1 and Star Performance (Fife) the Milltek. Both are helpful, polite and professional

(Edit...) Yours won't be as low as this.... is it ?

No, not a low as that. Not far off mind you, but but not as low. TBH, I'd like the height I have to be as low as this picture, but that comes at a price. The Eibach ProKit springs drop the height, improve the handling but NOT at the cost of the ride comfort. I don't know for sure, but the the Sports springs may well drop the car so much that your ride comfort would all but completely go. Aesthetics V's ride comfort = (IMO) ProKit springs. I will get a piccie up with the new drop height asap to help you decide.

Been offered Eibach coilovers from ex GTI owner, the only problem is that there for a manual and mine is a DSG GTI... trying to find if there's any difference between the two..

martininwillerby

....I'm very confident that there is absolutely no difference in suspension for manual and DSG.

I have the Eibach ProKit + Koni FSD + Eibach ARB's - Not the lowest but certainly a great ride.

In the aftermarking world i don't think there will be a difference.

I just had a quick look on ETKA and VW list 4 different springs for the GTI! and so you need to know the coloured spots to work it out. i would not be suprised due to the weight of the GTI DSG box if there was a difference as standard.

(edit...) cheers looking forward to them........

Here's the before and after images of my car; OEM springs and Eibach ProKit springs:

First dry day here in Edinburgh all week, which happened to fall on the weekly car clean day - Sunday; so ideal time to try out the new Autoglym High Definition Wax. The Eibach's have dropped it marginally, circa 15mm, which is noticeable but best of all the handling is improved with less body roll being the most obvious. Martin, hope this helps you decide which way to go.

post-17269-137914414013_thumb.jpg

post-17269-137914414016_thumb.jpg

Cheers.... Looks nice. Can tell it's been dropped more so at the front than the rear. As many have said it's not a lot but it makes a difference, see what it's like in a few months time when the springs settle in. As I said in another thread I'm waiting to see if those Eibach Coilovers from a manual GTi will be ok to fit on my DSG GTI, if not It'll be make your mind up time.........

Martininwillerby

No, not a low as that. Not far off mind you, but but not as low. TBH, I'd like the height I have to be as low as this picture, but that comes at a price. The Eibach ProKit springs drop the height, improve the handling but NOT at the cost of the ride comfort. I don't know for sure, but the the Sports springs may well drop the car so much that your ride comfort would all but completely go. Aesthetics V's ride comfort = (IMO) ProKit springs. I will get a piccie up with the new drop height asap to help you decide.

man your talking batty!

sportline kit only lowers the car by 20/25mm max! and this is eibach who know alot about spring rates and damper matching.

the sportline kit is specifically developed for the standard gti dampers.

have you been in a car with sportline springs? coz they almost ride aswell as the standard springs.

man your talking batty!

sportline kit only lowers the car by 20/25mm max! and this is eibach who know alot about spring rates and damper matching.

the sportline kit is specifically developed for the standard gti dampers.

have you been in a car with sportline springs? coz they almost ride aswell as the standard springs.

Keep your hair on and speak English will you! I'm not professing to knowing more than Eibach who, quote: "know a lot about spring rates and damper matching" I was merely making the point that SportsLine springs are firmer than the ProKit springs.

Keep your hair on and speak English will you! I'm not professing to knowing more than Eibach who, quote: "know a lot about spring rates and damper matching" I was merely making the point that SportsLine springs are firmer than the ProKit springs.

seems a different opinion to the one you orignally made? are you trying to convince your self that you made the right decision or everyone else to go with the pro-kit?

Sportline springs are only slightly firmer than the pro-kit ones.

What eibach say about there Pro-kit is that is gives the 'OEM should have been' look.

as long as your happy thats what counts.