Battery charger/conditioner

I use the CTEK XS3600 for the VX, as it's not a daily driver. Works a treat and the car has never let me down yet. They give an initial blast to top-up the batthery continuously monitor the charge and top up as necessary. Apparently they can bring back batteries from the dead due to the way the charge but no experience of that.

When I bought mine, I also bought some accessory connectors. One lot is permanently connected to the battery terminals, so I can just plug the charger straight in with no messing about on either the VX or the A4. I also bought the cigarette lighter adapter that allows you to plug the charger straight into the lighter socket and charge that way. Note: this method only works if the socket is always live, irrespective of the ignition. 169144-ok.gif

I also use the CTEC XS3600 and have the connection plug wired permanently to the battery to save using the croc clips. I leave it permanently connected as I sometimes only drive it once a fortnight. It will charge a completely flat battery enough to start a car within an hour and then takes several hours to fully charge the final bit. 169144-ok.gif