Service/Mot near Glasgow?

Craigieboy

Its time for my first service outside of warrenty, so I'm looking to take it somewhere other than the local vw dealer. I've been up to Star for all my mods but thats 60miles away from me. I've been into Drivers in town once, but they tried to quote me two hours to fit lower strut brace, whereas up at Star it wasn't even half an hours work.

Any suggestions from someone who's 'been there done it' much appreciated 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Its time for my first service outside of warrenty, so I'm looking to take it somewhere other than the local vw dealer. I've been up to Star for all my mods but thats 60miles away from me. I've been into Drivers in town once, but they tried to quote me two hours to fit lower strut brace, whereas up at Star it wasn't even half an hours work.

Any suggestions from someone who's 'been there done it' much appreciated 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to suggest Drivers. Like you, both Star Peformance and Drivers have done work for me. Drivers are fitting Eibach springs for me tomorrow. I'm now wary that they may try and charge me for extra labour! How long would replacement springs take to fit - 1 1/2 hours?

No idea how long it 'should' take. To be honest it might not have been their fault about the strut brace, the guy working on it was trying to fit it without having to do any additional work, whereas Jim at Star knew to drop down something and then fit the bar within mins from there. Prob call both Jim and Drivers to get an average quote, emissions light came on yesterday (third time in 3/4years) so it needs booked in sharpish.