TT 1.8TFSI World Debut at AMI

J_C

90803310031llf6.jpg

This year at the 2008 Auto Mobil International show in Leipzig, Germany Audi will be displaying five new cars in Germany for the first time. The Audi A4 Avant, Q7 V12 TDI, A3 Cabriolet, TTS and TT TDI will all make their first appearance in their home market. Audi's A1 Project Quattro will also be on display.

More interestingly, Audi will also be showing a new entry-level Audi TT at the show for the first time. The new Audi TT 1.8 TFSI comes equipped with the 160 hp 1.8 TFSI engine which is also found in the Audi A3, A4, A4 Avant and A5. Fuel economy is impressive for the sports car since it requires just 6.7 liters per 100 km (we assume on a combined cycle) which translates to 35.11 mpg.

Audi will make their A4 Avant and A3 Cabriolet available for the AMI test-drive event, where visitors can test drive over 100 models from 27 manufacturers.

Source: Audi via WCF

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080331.003/audi-tt-18-tfsi-world-debut-at-ami

Its funny how trends change, the 328i Coupe that I was driving a decade ago had really small wheels (15" or 16", can't remember) with a profile of 55 or thereabouts. Still handled like a dream, well apart from the Vauxhall one way system when it was wet. smashfreakB.gif

• 2 months later...
Is it me or do those wheels look WAY too small on that?

I guess this is Audi spreading the market appeal of the TT, but as the base model, do you reckon they'll sell many?

Believe me, they will sell allot!!

The wheels are the 18 inch wheels which have been available since the TT launch. Maybe the ride has been 'heightened' for the base model? :P