New TT Coupe rear seating ?

wyliss

[ QUOTE ]

Cheers Mook, thanks for that. Do you think they would be ok accomodating a 4 & 2 year old with respective car seats?

169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as they don't grow any bigger yes. 169144-ok.gif

If either front seat is used by anyone over about 5 foot 5 then the rear seat leg room becomes almost non existent. Plus its fecking hard work getting anyone/anything into the back seats IMO, strapping a cat basket in alone made me swear it was NOT a family car in any shape or form - let alone two children! frown.gif

But its a cracking car though. grin.gif

Sell the kids. Get a TTS. FIREdevil.gif

I thought that Merlot, but its only very occassionally that the kids have to go in my car. Would the height of the seat be touching the headlining do you mean?

That TTS is superb, had a look last night, what a machine and its slightly quicker than the 3.2 !.

If you guys were buying one which would it be the TTS or the 3.2?.....................+++

Yeh, I was worried about the height of car seats for 4-12 year olds - will the top touch the rear screen? Personally I wouldn't use a booster cushion until the child was 6-8 years old. If you will just be three up with the kids then put the eldest in the front and the youngest behind them.

The 3.2 vs TTS has been well argued on the TT forum. I've got a 3.2 which is great and the sound is outstanding but I understand why many will now go for the TTS. Don't let the weight of the 3.2 put you off though as its only 25kg more than the TTS.

Are the rear TT seats approved as boosters in themselves ? - not sure if that's the right statement but I seem to recall reading that some 2+2 cars rear seats are certified / approved as a Type 2 or Booster seat which means that you don't need to put anything else in for a child that is old/tall/heavy enough for just a booster seat ?

Are the rear TT seats approved as boosters in themselves ? - not sure if that's the right statement but I seem to recall reading that some 2+2 cars rear seats are certified / approved as a Type 2 or Booster seat which means that you don't need to put anything else in for a child that is old/tall/heavy enough for just a booster seat ?

Interesting point, that would solve a possible problem from having a seat on a seat if you see what I mean. I wonder who could confirm this........Audi CS ???

It would be four up sometimes (very seldom), so the nippers would go in the back.

I have read about the gearbox going in these models, is it a automatic type?

You can spec manual or S-tronic (formerly DSG). 23K miles on my S-tronic and not a single problem. Some 2.0Ts have had some clutch failures IIRC but nothing significant and to be honest thats what your warranty is for. :)