R8 prices?

sbor

Hi,

Anyone here with a handle on the R8 market currently, are they still well bid? Ive noticed some advertised at or below list with Audi dealers very recently for used cars, but some are still looking for silly prices. I'm close to pulling the trigger and trading up my RS4 cabriolet and am looking for any pointers or advice.

Thanks,

Stuart

Gareth will be along in a minute to tell you that dealers are paying £3-5k over list incl options and then retailing them for another £5k on top. Reality as you are finding is different.

The price spread around dealers is quite normal and is a big thing in E92 M3's at the moment as well. I always take the view that dealers are not stupid and don't 'underprice' cars by £5-10k just for the hell of it. They do it to shift metal so it is the true market price. The more expensive cars are obviously not needed to be sold yet and/or dealers prefer to put something up at, say, £93k and then 'do you a deal' at £85-87k. Of course they could give you. Of course they could offer you £55k for your RS4 Cab to keep the illusion going for longer of high R8 prices but I guess you are looking at £40k to change however they do the sums.

Best of luck and enjoy a car which I didn't have the stomach to shell out for!

The 40k number is about what I thought was right (although I'm starting to think with some patience I could improve that). The one I'm looking at is a 4 month old car with 4k miles and offered at list with a reasonable spec, the only downside is that I would be the third owner which makes me a bit twitchy.

Given how the economy is and the fact that the V10 is now in the press, have you called round a dozen dealers to see the earliest you can get your own car? If the AM V8 is anything to go by, once punters realised that the premium market was gone, the list came down dramatically in a short while. Hopefully you could enjoy the summer in the Cab and then take the R8 on 1/9?

I have one on order and it seems to be continually creeping forward in delivery. Was told the end of this year but now it is looking like Sept/October and I suspect might creep forward more. With premiums going, house prices collapsing, financial jobs going in thousands etc the waiting list for them seems to be coming down quickly.

Gareth will be along in a minute to tell you that dealers are paying £3-5k over list incl options and then retailing them for another £5k on top. Reality as you are finding is different.

The price spread around dealers is quite normal and is a big thing in E92 M3's at the moment as well. I always take the view that dealers are not stupid and don't 'underprice' cars by £5-10k just for the hell of it. They do it to shift metal so it is the true market price. The more expensive cars are obviously not needed to be sold yet and/or dealers prefer to put something up at, say, £93k and then 'do you a deal' at £85-87k. Of course they could give you. Of course they could offer you £55k for your RS4 Cab to keep the illusion going for longer of high R8 prices but I guess you are looking at £40k to change however they do the sums.

Best of luck and enjoy a car which I didn't have the stomach to shell out for!

Andrew you need buy an R8 to get over your fixation with the car/it's market value!!!

The reality is the market is still strong for these cars irrespective of what the economy is, or isn't, doing. But like all cars they will depreciate at some point and values will soften...but let's not try to talk down a market just for the sake of it eh?

I have one on order and it seems to be continually creeping forward in delivery. Was told the end of this year but now it is looking like Sept/October and I suspect might creep forward more. With premiums going, house prices collapsing, financial jobs going in thousands etc the waiting list for them seems to be coming down quickly.

I always feel a touch suicidal after reading your posts here and on M Torque regarding the economy scilly!! (JOKE-where's the "sense of humour smilie"?!)

Ive got a Phantom Black Manual car with black leather on a 57 plate. Seems to have most of the available extras except Bose and Carbon Sigma. I had a little play in it yesterday on a test drive and can't wait 'til Saturday!

• 3 weeks later...