Buying a CLK Convertible W208

pritesh

Hey All,

am in need of some help here, I have been on the hunt for a CLK Convertible for a while now (w208 model). Having searched almost everywhere I have found two good ones:

1 -2001 51 Reg MERCEDES-BENZ CLK 200K Avantgarde Tip Cabriolet, this car is fully loaded with everything inlcuding command, except LEATHER! it has 40K on the clock

I know, I know a merc without Leather is well...lets not go there. The asking price for this £11,990.

2 - 230K Avantgarde Tip Cabriolet, 2 Door, Petrol, 2001 with 44K on the Clock. Again this is fully loaded - no command but has leather.

Asking price is: jyst shy of £13,000.

Can anyone offer me any advice on what realistically I should looking to bring the price down to as im generally just stuck and don't want to be taking for a ride.

I intend to part exchange my current 2001 CLK 200K Coupe Elegance (60K on the clock, fully loaded).

Many thanks people.

P

dude, for that price, you could get a newer shape 270cdi or 200k - albeit a high miler - but I've heard the shape your looking at, can start falling apart once it starts hitting 5-6 years of age. I drove my mates a few months back (320 K) and it rattled like hell.

hmmm interesting, it would mean I would have to put off having one for the summer months then as the current budget wont stretch that far at present. My current CLK (coupe) runs fine. an absolutle gem with no issues at all but I just want a convertible

But thanks for the info chaps

P