Coppermine Photo Gallery

Sponge

When I'm managing my Coppermine Photo Gallery, usually when uploading new photos, I keep getting this error:

Coppermine critical error:

Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Too many connections

A refresh sorts it, but it's getting annoying. Anyone know if it's a problem with my webserver?

My renewal is due in a few weeks, so it's the ideal time to change hosts (assuming they can't/won't fix it).

When I'm managing my Coppermine Photo Gallery, usually when uploading new photos, I keep getting this error:

A refresh sorts it, but it's getting annoying. Anyone know if it's a problem with my webserver?

My renewal is due in a few weeks, so it's the ideal time to change hosts (assuming they can't/won't fix it).

I'm guessing your own a shared hosting deal? Chances are if that's the case the way mysql has been setup only allows so many connections and at that point all the connections possibly across all the other websites running database backends hit the maximum number of allowed connections. The refresh is just requesting the connection again and getting it that time around. Either that or there is some dodgy code in the version of Coppermine your running, is it the latest version?