TTS spotted

J_C

Yep, 272hp and peak torque of 350Nm (258 lb/ft) available between 2,500 and 5,000 rpm. +++

The manual Coupe weighs just 1395kg which equates to a power-to-weight ratio of 5.1 kg/hp! :cool:

I would imagine outputs well in excess of 300hp once the tuners start developing remaps for it.

Remap? It'll be around the 310 mark then.

Yep, looking forward to getting one of these in the workshop, nice car!

I was torn between waiting for this, and getting the Z4 M Coupe......due to impatience I went for the Z4. It will be interesting to see what we can do with the TT S though :-)

Yep, looking forward to getting one of these in the workshop, nice car!

I was torn between waiting for this, and getting the Z4 M Coupe......due to impatience I went for the Z4. It will be interesting to see what we can do with the TT S though :-)

Isn't it the same engine as the S3? So I would expect similar figures.

Isn't it the same engine as the S3? So I would expect similar figures.

Hi John

It will be similar figures, although the ECU hardware and software may differ. Also, they are quoting slightly higher figures than the S3, so will be interested to find out whether this is software alterations or the exhaust etc etc :-)

From Fourtitude:

Compared to the engine it was derived from, the two-liter power unit has undergone extensive reengineering and strengthening to ready it for operation in the TTS – overhauled areas include the engine block, the cylinder head, the pistons, the connecting rods and the turbocharger, which can build up as much as 1.2 bar of relative air pressure. The intake and exhaust systems have undergone elaborate honing to allow the refined four-cylinder engine to both breathe freely and generate a powerful, resonant soundtrack. An optimized and highly efficient intercooler lowers the temperature of the compressed air, producing a crucial increase in the quantity of air supplied for combustion.

As to whether the "engine it was derived from" is the S3 engine or the 'cooking' 2.0TFSi, I don't know for sure.

From Fourtitude:

Compared to the engine it was derived from, the two-liter power unit has undergone extensive reengineering and strengthening to ready it for operation in the TTS – overhauled areas include the engine block, the cylinder head, the pistons, the connecting rods and the turbocharger, which can build up as much as 1.2 bar of relative air pressure. The intake and exhaust systems have undergone elaborate honing to allow the refined four-cylinder engine to both breathe freely and generate a powerful, resonant soundtrack. An optimized and highly efficient intercooler lowers the temperature of the compressed air, producing a crucial increase in the quantity of air supplied for combustion.

As to whether the "engine it was derived from" is the S3 engine or the 'cooking' 2.0TFSi, I don't know for sure.

Hmm, sounds like they have possibly altered a few things then!

Almost certainly the S3 engine as is. I remeber everyone quoting 272hp for the S3 when in development. Audi probably had the TTS in the pipeline then and wanted to make it slightly above the S3 so limited it to 265 and kept the TTS at 272.

Maybe they are entirely the same, but it would be so easy for Audi to produce a map that generated 7ps more so why not have the figures to support the marketing?

It's funny that manufacturers have to play this game with power as the general public don't yet understand how much weight plays a part - they only look at headline bhp. Audi used this to the extreme with the RS6 IMO.

From Fourtitude:

That reads almost word-for-word what they said about the S3 engine over the 2.0T

:confused:

From Fourtitude:

That reads almost word-for-word what they said about the S3 engine over the 2.0T

:confused: