carbon mirrors fitted

Dan32

Well they've only taken a year to be delivered (lost order, courier lost a set etc) but finally received my carbon mirror caps the other day. Perhaps not to everyones taste but I like them. Got some more ideas for future bits of carbon so will make more sense then. Quality is good, fitting a doddle once told how to get the covers off.

carbonmirror01.jpg

carbonmirror.jpg

Dan that looks the muts nuts. Properly smart +++

That second photo makes your car look like a model on some plastic grass. Or have you turned into a dwarf in the last couple of months and shrunk your car in the wash?

Where did you get the mirror caps - my S4 has interior carbon trim and I reckon these are subtle enough to not look to Chavtastic.

:beer:

Glad you like them! Got them from company in the US called OEMPlus but they're made by another company called Carbon Dynamics. I got stung on the import though so they ended up costing a fortune. There are couple of companies in the UK offering a similar service of carbon laminating onto most surfaces. Reckon it might be cheaper and quicker to go thru them.

http://oempl.us/

http://www.silvercrest-woodtrim.co.uk/

They look great, Dan!! But I would say that - I've got carbonfibre mirrors too (OSIR via the TTshop). They are a small detail but it's surprising how good they make a car look and also you can enoy a bit of carbonfibre eye-candy from the driver's seat :cool:.

Are yours replacement skins (like mine) or applied onto the existing mirror housing?

I got my VW cf badge from oempl.us and in fact was in contact with them earlier this week - They no longer stock the carbon parts. Carbon Dynamics is a one-man-band as far as I know and took ages to produce.

Yeah, I got hit by fecking UK import tax etc too!! :finger:

They look really nice Dan +++ do they do them for a Mk5??

....Yes, the TTshop in Bedford are the sole Euro seller for OSIR (Hong Kong and much more reliable than Carbon Dynamics). Phone Dave 01234 855 555 and mention my name (Robin with red GTI 'VW05 RED').

Mine are replacement skins. Expensive because of the shape but no extra tax to pay.

+++

post-10081-137914415685_thumb.jpg

I got my VW cf badge from oempl.us and in fact was in contact with them earlier this week - They no longer stock the carbon parts.

Looks like I got mine just in time then!

I find CF can either look fantastic or utterly horrific depending on how much is used and where. The mirrors look great against the blue.