Replacement axel bush, bora 2001??

I have just come across a leak at the rear passenger side by the rear wheel, just below the passenger door of my bora, so i called my mechanic and he has now confirmed that the axel bush has split and the leak is the fluid coming from the bush. He hasn't yet given me a price, but i gather this will be a fairly big job as he said he will need to drop the axel. Anyway, does anyone have any rough ideas on what i'm looking at paying out for this repair?? really could do without a large repair bill at present!

Thanks!

A bush will not leak fluid. A bush is basically a rubber that goes between 2 moving parts and act as a damper to allow them to move smoothly without noise. Common symptoms on these would be a knocking from the rear of the car when going over uneven surfaces.

The only fluids that could be leaking from the rear of the car would be petrol/diesel, brake fluid or oil from the shock absorbers.

If I were you, I would get a second opinion on this.

Thanks for your advice, I've looked into this and you can get fluid filled bushes but these are the original bushes on the bora and its done 120,000 miles now, so this looks likes its down to wear and tear. The mechanic who is a friend of family has quoted me £90 to do the job and said he recommends replacing both sides, so I'm quite happy for him to do the work.