Dearest Tyres Ever????

Sealy

Just had my first service and my front tyres are half way worn....

My friendly dealer had decided to get a quote for me, like for like replacements (Michelin's), they quoted "an offer price" of £278 balanced and fitted. I thought this was a pretty fair offer for a dealer until she pointed out this was the price PER TYRE!

Has anyone stuck with the Michelin's or do you recommend a change? I personally have no problem with the Michelin's but have not bothered to look for prices yet. Any cheap websites would be greatly appreciated.

I know this has probably been discussed on here before but I'm a little drunk and too lazy to do a search.

If you really want Michelins, Costco is probably the best place to get them. Last time I looked they were around £140 each or Pilot Sport 2's

If not I would agree with the other guys and go down the F1 Asymmetric route.

This wil make you laugh I goy quoted £360 for a Pirelli Pzero Rosso for my Leon Cupra R in 2003 by Kwik Fit. I could only assume he was looking at a "special" for the front of a Porsche or Ferarri:roflmao:

I wouldn't assume that all Dealers will rip you off for tyres. Most already match and sometimes better the deals from places like Kwik Fit. We work out an average of £3.00 cheaper per tyre than Kwik Fit and I know should know because I checked the prices :grin:

Fair comment..... But the last time I checked Kwik Fit were hardly competitive and I presume that dealers will only match the likes of Kwik Fit or Halfords and not look at internet prices. But then again all dealers are different I guess.

I wouldn't assume that all Dealers will rip you off for tyres. Most already match and sometimes better the deals from places like Kwik Fit. We work out an average of £3.00 cheaper per tyre than Kwik Fit and I know should know because I checked the prices :grin:

Agreed i know a few dealerships were tyres are cheaper than most independents or alot of online places too. But its not the first place alot of people look.