What's the latest RNS-E DVD for the UK?

AFAIK its 2007 I would be keen to get a newer one if available.

I went to the continent this week and could not eject my Western Europe DVD - is there a trick to getting the buggering disk out?

I even read the flaming manual - which just said drop the display and press the eject button...

There's a 2008 DVD that's been available since January 2008 in the UK and November 2007 in Europe.

It's part number is 8P0 919 884 AA.

Available from - Audi dealers and on eBay (make sure you get Disc 1 - it's a 2 disc set - if you're in the UK since Disc 1 is Western Europe and Disc 2 is Eastern Europe).

AFAIK its 2007 I would be keen to get a newer one if available.

I went to the continent this week and could not eject my Western Europe DVD - is there a trick to getting the buggering disk out?

I even read the flaming manual - which just said drop the display and press the eject button...

Tone, there is some form of anti-eject protection that can be set on the RNS-E to prevent DVD's going walkies during transport. Might mean this is still activated on your car. Think it's a case of getting the dealer to alter the coding or hooking up with VAG-COM.

Tone, there is some form of anti-eject protection that can be set on the RNS-E to prevent DVD's going walkies during transport. Might mean this is still activated on your car. Think it's a case of getting the dealer to alter the coding or hooking up with VAG-COM.

It's an anti-theft measure to stop the map DVD being nicked while the car is on it's way to the owner from the factory. The dealer is supposed to disable it as part of the PDI - but many don't.

With VAG-COM you need to change the value in adaptation channel 67 of the RNS-E (address 37 or 56) from 255 (eject button disabled) to 0 (enabled).

There's a 2008 DVD that's been available since January 2008 in the UK and November 2007 in Europe.

It's part number is 8P0 919 884 AA.

Available from - Audi dealers and on eBay (make sure you get Disc 1 - it's a 2 disc set - if you're in the UK since Disc 1 is Western Europe and Disc 2 is Eastern Europe).

Just heard that the 2009 DVD is due to start shipping in new cars built after week 45.

No news yet on the part number...