Little Big Planet

sbgwz

What is it? a game or a virtual world mmo/platform thing or? I keep hearing about it but it's pretty unclear why it's special I saw video that made it look like a cute kiddy platformer.

Hasn't it been delayed by some PC worries about a song or is that a publicity stunt.

The fanbois seem to be wetting themselves over this one and most of the review sites/mags are giving it top ratings.

Platform game eh? It's very cute looking (got to love youtube) and seems to have some sort of construction kit built in to it. Can't see how it's going to be the biggest thing eva though. I'll maybe get it 2nd hand or borrow it from someone.

Im thinking about buying this.... but ive not really been into these types of games since Super Mario World on the SNES...... is it really that good..... or is this a game that you could easily get bored of?

Riz :D

Im not into these sorts of games either, The story line i can see getting quite dull. But the creator is where its at, Im very uncreative though but the possibilities are endless, Im simple so i got a skateboard, some wood on the back and 3 rockets and a huge ramp at the end, then when i was midair hit anotheer whitch with a bottom mounted rocket and went skyward.

But i cant for the life of me make a useable level.

However someone said to me it to the PS3 is what youtube is the internet. The addition of new ideas means you can do anything. Very cool.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm liking it, been a bit flued up this week, but went and picked it up and put it on quickly.

Just a really nice, fun and jolly game.

Reminds me of the old platformers from the Mega Drive and Snes, like Mr. Nutz and Mickey's Castle of Illusion etc. But with fantastic graphics and the most wonderful narration from Stephen Fry.

The whole package feels fresh while also managing to give you a warm glow because it reminds you of the games you played as a kid.

Superb!

If your on later il invite you for some online play, its so fun but a bit laggy at times.
Sackboy rocks! :roflmao:

Im still getting the hang of it........ ive done the garden levels so I can now go online.... need to revisit them and get better points/items.

The audio is good too...... very groovy...... I was online a mo ago and took some pictures..... proper funny when you slap somebody...

Riz +++

Edited by Riz

We have played it plenty and the missus loves it. I think we are in the third or fourth world now, just done the mines anyway. Its great fun and a good challenge but not stupidly so.

And yes its certainly 'cute' I downloaded the spacesuit for a laugh its free. But the wife has splattered me with stickers so I'm no longer pristine and white but do look quite cool. :grin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone thats playing this got to 'The Bunker' in the wilderness section. How are you finding the wheel on that level, fecking hard if you ask me. Just done it but it took a while to get it right, found a new method to complete it in the end.

Very frustrating. :ffs: But a joy when you have done it. :grin: