Audi A4 2005 - sony bluetooth phone cradle help!!!

Hello - sorry i am a complete novice with in car phones - i have an a4 2005 with phone cradle in the arm rest and steering controls.

I now have a Sony ericson C902 phone. What options can i use with just bluetooth without having to buy the correct cradle (which im not sure they sell - is this phone compatible??). Can i get my phonebook into the cars memory. Can i use the sterring controls with this?

I have found the car using bluetooth but this is as far as i have got -

Any help please!!!!!

It depends on what version of phone module you have in your car.

A 2005 car should be ok and simply pairing the phone with the car should be enough to bring the contacts across over bluetooth.

Does your car have the DVD navigation or a multi function steering wheel?

sorry - as said im not very technical, how would i get this checked?? not through an audi dealer??

IF you can find an Audi dealer who knows what they are doing they can do it - but they will charge you.

Better to find someone local to you who has VAG-COM (VCDS) and can do it. It's just a case of connecting to the diagnostic port (above the throttle pedal) and retrieveing the information, a few minutes work at most.

if this is the case and i need to change the BT part - is this expensive???

Can local mechanics check this part out? what is VAG??

BT modules can be got from dealers or off eBay - expect to pay £100-£200+.

Not VAG, VAG-COM - it's a software and cable that allows you to read and reset fault codes from all the ECUs in your car and to change their settings. It works on Audi, VW, Seat, Skoda, Lamborghini (with an adapter). If you own a VAG car it's really useful.