What am I doing wrong? ... Connects2 USB adaptor and Chorus II

Hi there.

Tearing what little hair I have out over this...

Trying to get the above adaptor to work with the factory fitted chorus (May 2008). Bought the wrong adaptor initially (plugs wouldn't fit in holes on back of chorus :(), then the "right" one - attached the earth lead, plugged the connector into the CD changer socket and pressed the "CD" button on the chorus twice to switch to CD changer input ........... nothing happens.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated :ffs:

I should mention the car didn't come with a CD changer although I understand from those who know more about these things than me that shouldn't matter.

Technical information is a bit sparse but basically it looks to be the same principle as xcarlink etc. as far as I can see... and I think I've followed their instructions to the letter.

Maybe another angle on what I'm doing wrong would be: what would I need to do to add a CD changer to the bog standard Chorus II?

If the answer to that is anything other than just plug it in then that might be the issue I'm having ?

Thanks very much for the reply, much appreciated.

Most of the MP3 and iPod adaptors actually replace the CD unit, so you have to disconnect it.

Sorry, I can't be any more help with it. All I can suggest is that you talk to the vendor tomorrow to try and get a steer as to what you need to do to get it working.

:beer:

If you are adding a normal OEM changer it will/should just plug in and work.

I would suggest plugging in the usb adapter, then remove all power to the Chorus for about 10 minutes then reconnect it. This should reset the Chorus unit and the USB adapter and hopefully the two will see each other.