I "Glossed it" review and pics

steelwind101

Hello Guys

I have two new products to test and use this spring and this weekend was a case of getting on a range of products from a brand called "Gloss It". They have started to become popular in the USA with quite a few people on Autopia using them, they have UK distributer by way of Polished Bliss, i paid money for this product and purchased them in the USA.

If you want to create the look i got from these products you can buy some 4oz sample size bottles in the UK, the whole set would set you back about £35-£40 and i a car the size of my Lancer will use about 1/3 of an ounce.

The products used were:

Gloss It Gloss Activator (increased the bonding of the Gloss It finish for more durability)

Gloss It Finish (the sealant)

Gloss It Concorso (limited durabilty topper)

Gloss It Quick detailer (claims to be the worlds best).

All products were easy on and easy off. Must say you could tell a difference with the Concorso, i was a sceptical at first but it did make it look more glossy. The car is in good condition, and had been polished over a few rainy weekends a month or so back. But nothing ourstanding, there are some swirls an random nasties where i require a small pad to perfect it.

The real issue i had, and please take this in to consideration when looking at the pics was i did all this yesterday, and took the photos today. Alot of dust/pollen had got on the car, was this a Gloss It enduced problem? Possibly, the Auris with Wolfgang, much less pollen covered.

"The Worlds Best Quick Detailer" a stupid claim, IMO. No it wasnt that great, i used it on the windows and the whole car after the Concorso. It doesnt leave things looking as deep as Quickshine or wet as say Pinnicle Crystal Mist. A bit of an all round product that dident really do much for me and i have tested nearly ever QD around!

One thing i did notice with the Gloss It line was that it seemed to make my paintwork quite dark. If you want the darkening effect then this would be good for you.

On to the photos, taken this evening it was a bit hit and miss. Remeber all shine is acutally coming through the pollen, here is the pollen!

pollen.jpg

pollen2.jpg

Here you can see some serious gloss added to the car, i would say this was like a extra layer of clearcoated was added, this become more "intense" after i applied Concorso as shown here.

boot-2.jpg

In this close up the extra clearcoat look was really visable, i am impressed.

Bootclose.jpg

Thick, candy clearcoat look continues:

glossyclear.jpg

Which persists, even in sunlight when you often loose the gloss look for clear reflections.

thickclearcoat.jpg

Amazing reflections, but i dont think the car has EVER look this dark!

glossy.jpg

darkpaintwork.jpg

back-1.jpg

A few other snaps, glossy and quite different to alot of other products.

leftside-1.jpg

rightback.jpg

front-1.jpg

Its intreasting to find products that give a different a look so im liking it for that reason right now. How much i will like this product in a few weeks, i dont know. My car is darker, durabilty is still to be tested and is this pollen thing going to be an issue?

Im thinking, take my current Wolfgang Sealant and put on Gloss It Concorso and see the results!

Comments and critisim (how dare you!) welcome.

Geoff

Looks excellent Geoff. I like that shade of grey. +++

I've not previously heard of this range. Is the Gloss activator like a poly charger/booster type product?

The picture of the rear of your car really shows it off best. I was tempted to say it looks more reflective than wet but the rear photo does look nice and wet.

I'm a little surprised that the pollen is sticking so much especially given that the Gloss It is more (I assume) a sealant type product. In my limited experience pollen / dust tends to stick more to wax type products. Are you living next door to Chelsea Flower Show?! :grin:

As a barometer Geoff, can you compare the looks to any other type of product on the market that you've previously used?

Cheers, Phil

Hi TT

Im with you on the whole pollen being attacted to Nuba products more, i think thats generally b/c of the oils. Im wondering if the QD generated a bit to much static, maybe some over enthusiastic buffing for more gloss? LOL. The Gloss It products are all synthetics.

Gloss Activator is not acutally mixed with anything like ZFX from Zaino or Polycharger. Its like a prebonding agent, i think it just has more griping polymers for the the "Finish" to latch on to.

As for what its like with other products on the market; until i applied Concorso it was very much so so, Duragloss do some polishes that are similar to Zaino it was like that. Dark, reflective, i think the Concoros acutally added that extra clearcoat look and glossyness, on that account its on its own.

No waxes i have used have managed to create all that one hit, Klasses Sealant (Werkstatt or Carlack are other rebrands) did create a similar "extra layer" of clearcoat look but with the gloss to extent shown here.

Thanks for the nice comments TT. Were you out with your new kit this weekend? I hear Easter might be rain off given those bank holidays!

Geoff

Hi Jon,

All products were applied by hand, none of them abbrasives. I use new applicators called CCS (CLOSED CELL STRUCTURE). Products go on SOO thing compared to yellow meguiars type ones. No product gets obsorbed so you never get it coming through the pad. I highly recommend them, once you try you wont go back!

I believe the sealant lasts for around 3 months and the Concorso (high gloss topper) says 4-6 weeks.

The look at the back is basically all over the car but limited light to show it off. Hopefully get it washed up and ready for more photos, pollen free at the weekend!

Geoff

Hi Jon,

All products were applied by hand, none of them abbrasives. I use new applicators called CCS (CLOSED CELL STRUCTURE). Products go on SOO thing compared to yellow meguiars type ones. No product gets obsorbed so you never get it coming through the pad. I highly recommend them, once you try you wont go back!

I believe the sealant lasts for around 3 months and the Concorso (high gloss topper) says 4-6 weeks.

The look at the back is basically all over the car but limited light to show it off. Hopefully get it washed up and ready for more photos, pollen free at the weekend!

Geoff

Thanks Geoff +++ Where do you get the CCS's? That's a lot of pollen, by the way!

Hi Jon,

I have the red ones, but mine are round. The same thing i believe:

Car accessories: exterior, interior car care, Meguiars, 303 Products

Geoff

One of each pad ordered Thanks Geoff +++

Like the idea of the cutting, polishing and finishing abilities for each one. Did you get the Cobra Quick Cleanse or do you machine wash them with no fabric conditioner usual?