Maldives

Torino101

We are looking to book 2 weeks in the Maldives in September this year, we are travelling with a couple who have been there a couple of times before, to different islands each time, and they want to go somewhere else again this year.

Is there any island that is considered to be the "best" island to go to? Is there a league table somewhere??

Our criteria would be a follows ideally:

1. No children allowed on the island

2. A considerable distance 40 Mins+ by sea plane from the main airport

3. Good Scuba

4. Good Food

Does anyone have any recomendations as to which one to go to???

I know the Filitheyo Island on All Inclusive has always been very popular and get lots of repeat bookings, and a few girls from work have been too, am not at that work today so not 100% if adults only, but saying that I have only ever booked one "family" to the maldives and all the kids were 18+ as Maldives not particularly a popular family choice ...... we have the independant gaz guide at work too, so I can always check names, don't just go on the tripadvisor comments ......

What about Taj exotica resort and spa?

Taj Hotels - Taj Exotica Resort & Spa,Maldives

That is my yearly bolthole! I treat myself to 10 days of bliss there every year.

Your criteria:

1. No children allowed on the island (they are allowed but the island is very private so you never see them)

2. A considerable distance 40 Mins+ by sea plane from the main airport (try 15mins by speedboat)

3. Good Scuba (excellent diving!)

4. Good Food (I cannot describe now good the food is. Never mind the service!)

I have booked for October this year again. Check trip advisor for excellent reviews.

This island really is paradise on earth!

What about Taj exotica resort and spa?

Taj Hotels - Taj Exotica Resort & Spa,Maldives

That is my yearly bolthole! I treat myself to 10 days of bliss there every year.

Your criteria:

1. No children allowed on the island (they are allowed but the island is very private so you never see them)

2. A considerable distance 40 Mins+ by sea plane from the main airport (try 15mins by speedboat)

3. Good Scuba (excellent diving!)

4. Good Food (I cannot describe now good the food is. Never mind the service!)

I have booked for October this year again. Check trip advisor for excellent reviews.

This island really is paradise on earth!

lenny forgiven for writing this post, I'm new and i am interested in buying some tires (bbs) you sell, i could put in my S3? email me to [email protected] because i cant post in the sales forum

Indeed, the very good trip so if you are vacation! really looks very good!!

• 10 months later...

Nick - did you go in the end? I'm thinking Maldives this year for a couple of weeks. I think Kuredu or Hudhuranfushi but as ever, negative Trip Advisor comments give you a bad feeling even if they are out numbered vastly by good.

A_C - any advice you could impart please?