Chips away ( mobile alloy wheel refurb companies)

TheEdge

Hi all

Managed tio scuff rear wheel alloy late Saturday at night parking at friends flat cant believe she couldnt see the kerb !! the scuff is about 3 inches long round the rim, are chips away any good for fixing things ive heard depending on franchises quality may vary also is their time keeping good just haveint got the time to drop the car off somewhere and pick up 4 days later

any advice would be appreciated

thanks

40500 miles mark 4 Deep blue R32

Gutted for you. A scuffed alloy can ruin your week. How on earth can a mobile unit repair it though? I would have thought they would have to grind the alloy down to take out the damage then respray. Of course, such a unit may well have that kind of kit with them. I haven't had any experience of the mobile repairers, myself. When I kurbed my alloy, I drove stright to my local dealer to get a new one. The diamond cut Monza II's don't refurb well at all. There are a few decent, well reputed alloy wheel refurbishment places scattered around the country, but I presume you don't want to place a spare on and wait a week while it's off being refurb'd?

Hmm, I know a bloke called glen who does wheel refurbs, I think his company is called hotweelz, fairly sure he's in your area.

Duisberg, I've had a quick search but cant find his website, can you remember what it was?

Otherwise, wickedwheels.co.uk did a nice job on one of my cars, they have franchises all over the country I think.

Im in Watford South east sounds miles away went to a bodyshop today but they dont do alloy repairs may return to the place where my rear bumper was fixed as a good point as it was in cash in hand !!

This isn't that far from you is it? They have an excellent reputation from what I've heard: Lepson's - Home - Breathing New Life Into Alloy Wheels +++