vw golf 1.8t?

deangti

Welcome, Dean +++ It all depends on your budget, but a good place to start is a decent exhaust such as Milltek Milltek Sport Stainless Steel Exhausts and Hi-Flow Sports Catalysts An ECU remap will bring the car alive. Tuners such as Revo Revo Technik | ECU Remap | Engine Management Software| Audi Porsche Seat Skoda Volkswagen VAG should offer a map for your car. If not, there are others around. A Catback Milltek for your car will set you back in the region of £400 - £500. A remap shouldn't be any more expensive, although Revo's tend to be the other side of £500, but it does depend on what car your running. Better breathability in the form of a replacement and uprated air filter panel (£30 - £50) such as BMC AIR FILTERS | AIR FILTER | MOTORCYCLE | CAR - bike - high performance - racing - on-line store, K&N K&N High Performance Air Filters, Oil Filters, & Air Intakes - Official K&N Engineering Site or ITG ITG Air Filters will help as will a cold air intake such as Carbonio (£225) Carbonio Home

There's loads of info here. Try a search in the GTI and Tuning forums, as you'll find a lot of good, detailed information.

Hope that helps +++

A more efficient air filter will be an improvement over the standard one. If the car you have just bought has done a few miles, the filter will no doubt need a clean/oiling or replacing anyway as they're not quite maintenance free. They're all pretty much the same I should imagine, as each manufacturer I mentioned earlier has a race or performance heritage; all with it will come tried and tested products. It also depends on your budget. If it were me, I'd go for the best I could afford. I'm waiting for a Carbonio CAI to come in to the country and will fit an ITG filter panel with it. This decision has been based on what I have read and people here's experiences with bioth elements of the unit. Get the best you can and try it out. You won't see much gains with just an air filter panel though. Again, more power doesn't come cheap, but a filter and exhaust is a good place to start.

The recirculating DV won't make the "whoosh" sound; it's the atmospheric one that'll do that. The DV only requires uprating from the standard Bosch one, if the car is highly modded and it's under the extra strain. If I were you, I'd spend the money on an exhaust and/or better breathability. The atmospheric DV noise in between gears, can be a bit much and dare I say it, chavvy, but it's all subjective of course.