What would you choose.......

terrymcg

Guys,

Though I would come on here for some inpartial advice. It has come to the time for my 2003 E46 M3 to require its Insp II doing(A very costly service). The car is getting on a bit now and its on 50k miles. The BMW warranty is also out on it in a few weeks and if I am to keep it I will 100% take out the bullet proof BMW extended warranty.

But for the price of the warranty, service and another years insurance I have the opportunity to swap to an 06 plate Golf R32 with 24k miles, very high spec one too.

What would you guys do? Anyone owned both the cars in question? I have a feeling I may miss the M3 compared to the R32.

I really would like to hear peoples thoughts as I am pulled in either direction!

Cheers

Terry

Yeah I have driven the R32, was very nice to drive and not as quick above 60-70.

I don't need 5 doors, it was a 3 door I was looking at.

I know the car is nowhere near as fast, just wondered if I can really live without all that power, cos lets face it you cant really use it all!

Yeh, keep the M3, 50k is nothing on a fully loaded e46 - i've had four of them and still can't get enough. Just get it serviced before the warranty runs out, an Inspection II service will only set you back 649 notes fully inc at Sytner plus with the money you've saved you can buy a Miltek or ACS exhaust - it will be like having a new car +++

Interesting one. There's someone who's not on here much these days who went from a MkV R32 to an M3 to an M3 CSL. He loves his CSL, but give him the choice of those cars for a weekend on Scotland's most demanding Highland roads and I suspect he'd pick the R32. Same goes for someone else who went from an R32 to an RS4 and is back in an R32.

And no, it's not because they can't handle the power. The R32 might not be all that quick in a straight line, but it is a very, VERY capable car.

That said, if you still love your M3, have it serviced, get the warranty, and carry on enjoying it! +++