Newbee hello everybody - A6 MMI/help

JimH

Hi everyone, I'm from Aberdeenshire in Scotland and I get my free bus pass this year... enough said! I've tried other forums but they are like secret societies when it comes to giving out information - I checked tyresmoke out for a while and am very impressed with the way you are all prepared to help each other out. +++

I have a A6 that needs a little tweeking, well, a fair bit of tweeking. :o My problem is that the satnav is in Japanese while most other things is in English? I have had an offer from someone in another forum to fix my problem... but at a cost... a lot of ££££! and that is only for the knowhow. :( I would have to get my own copy of vagcom & charger (which I'll be doing anyway), but after visiting tyresmoke I quickly saw that many of you are well experienced and willing to help... so I hope you will take pity on me keep me right.

My car came straight from Germany to the UK (2008), but must be regarded as an import (please don't ask)

I believe that I have MMI High

My car has all the gubbings TV / reverse camera etc., etc.,

I have SW 5170 ? but needs updating? so I'm told

My radio needs unlocked? set up for Japan (narrow bandwidth)

The language needs changed over to English

Probably needs much more :confused:

Appreciate any help.

Jim

Hello Busby and thanks for the welcome - I also meant to add in my post :-

If there is anybody in the Aberdeen area who has the knowhow to carry out the changes... I'd be willing to pay... or... if anyone in my area no longer uses their VAG-Com + cable (yeah, I know, very doubtful) and are willing to sell, I'd be very interested.

Jim

Hi everyone - have had a lot of you view my post... but no suggestions as yet? I realise that it's quite a task from the norm.,

I was however contact by two company's (Poland & Holland), who have offered me MMI interface exchanges:-

Holland £260 + my MMI + Post

Poland £245 + my MMI + Post

Both offer to unblock anything I want and update to latest software... sounds like a good offer... and the way to go... what do you think?

I'm still waiting to hear back from Ross Tech... even if I exchange MMI's, I think I will get Vag com hex-usb + can pro.

Jim